DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 408 additional positive cases for a total of 10,111 positive cases and an additional 3,000 negative tests for a total of 50,458 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs.
The IDPH, reported an additional 19 deaths, 407 currently hospitalized, and 3,572 recoveries. At this time, one in 52 Iowans have already taken tests.
According to the IDPH, the additional 19 deaths came from the following counties:
- Allamakee County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Black Hawk County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years), one older adult (61-80 years), and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Dallas County: One older adult (61-80 years) and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Jasper County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Linn County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years) and five older adults (61-80 years).
- Polk County: One adult (18-40 years) and one adult (81+ years).
- Tama County: Three elderly adults (81+ years).
- Woodbury County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state is now provides demographic information not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.