Grant applications are now open! Non-profit organizations delivering programs and services to our neighbors in Muscatine County are encouraged to apply. Focus areas for each of the grant opportunities are as follows:
- Racial Justice Grants: seeks to further advance racial justice, equity, and inclusion in Muscatine and Louisa Counties.
- County Endowment Re-granting: focus areas include the arts, education, human service, culture, environment, heritage, and health in Muscatine County.
- Hilda E. Collitz for the Homeless: provides grant to prevent homelessness in Muscatine County.
- Hilda E. Collitz for Housing: grants for the acquisition of land and/or construction of living spaces to prevent families and individuals from homelessness in the Greater Muscatine.
- George Millett Memorial: grants to benefit those with mental disabilities who are residents of Muscatine County.
- Ray Hockersmith Memorial: provides grants for the benefit of the blind, vision impaired or disabled children in Muscatine County under the age of 15 to experience special recreational activities.
- Pat and Jim Powers Endowment: supports projects providing mental health programs and services in Muscatine County.
- Joe W. and Betty L. Rauch Memorial Endowment: focuses on youth-based community priorities in Muscatine County.
- KNG Gives Grants: grants to youth-related nutrition support programs in Muscatine County.
- West Liberty Grants: supporting high impact charitable activities in West Liberty, with priority given to youth.
The Community Foundation has transitioned to a new granting portal this year. Grant applicants who have not yet created an account in the new portal are encouraged to do so. To get started, visit our website at www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org Applications will close on June 7th, 2021 at 11:59 CDST.
The Community Foundation provides critical funding to our community’s most immediate needs and promising opportunities. We are committed to our role as a community leader and will continue to thoughtfully and proactively evolve our grantmaking and outreach to address the changing priorities of our community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine is a community-wide, county-wide charitable organization actively working to improve the quality of life in Muscatine County through philanthropy. For more information about applying for grants or establishing your own fund for granting purposes, call the Community Foundation at 563-264-3863 or visit the website at www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org.
This content has been provided via press release or other notification systems to Discover Muscatine. It is being re-published as a resource for the Muscatine community and has not been vetted or edited by our staff. All questions regarding this content should be directed to the contributor.