MUSCATINE, Iowa–The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine opened applications for additional grants. Non-profit organizations delivering programs and services in Muscatine County may apply.
The Community foundation has $100,000 of grant funding available. Programs may receive grants up to $10,000. Due to the current circumstances, the Community Foundation will prioritize applicants demonstrating a need for funding related to COVID-19.
The Community Foundation has the following grants available:
- Hilda E. Collitz for the Homeless — up to $7,300 available. Bequest provides grants to prevent homelessness in Muscatine County.
- Hilda E. Collitz for Housing — up to $7,300 available. Bequest provides grants in the Greater Muscatine area for the acquisition of land and/or construction of living spaces to prevent homelessness.
- George Millett Memorial — up to $6,000 available. A gift from the estate of George Millett benefiting those with mental disabilities in Muscatine County.
- Ray Hockersmith Memorial — up to $4,600 available. Fund provides grants for the benefit of the blind, vision impaired, or disabled children under the age of 15 to experience special recreational activities.
- Pat and Jim Powers Endowment — up to $600 available. Fund provides grants aimed at providing mental health programs and services.
- Joe W. and Betty L. Rauch Memorial Endowment — up to $1,500 available. Fund provides grants focused on youth-based community priorities.
- West Liberty Community Fund Grants — Grant supports high impact charitable activities for West Liberty, with a priority given to youth. Up to $3,000 available.
- Community Continuity Grants — Opened March 17th, this fund assists nonprofits and supports the immediate and emerging needs of vulnerable individuals and families in Muscatine County caused by coronavirus containment efforts. Decisions made on a rolling basis.
Apply for the grants listed above on-line at www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org/county-endowment-re-granting-program/
Charitable causes not registered as 501(c)3 or 509(a) organizations may qualify by partnering with another organization or the Community Foundation. Contact Jennifer Conard, Communications Coordinator at 563-264-3863 with questions.