Trinity Muscatine Public Health has released a new memo reguarding COVID-19 vaccination in Muscatine County. The text of it follows below verbatim.
Iowa is currently vaccinating individuals in Phase 1A, which includes health care personnel and residents and staff of long-term care facilities. In February, the state of Iowa and Muscatine County will begin vaccinating Phase 1B. Phase 1B populations now include all individuals age 65 and older along with the essential workforce as defined by the Infectious Disease Advisory Council. However, vaccine remains in short supply. To help balance vaccine supply with the Phase 1B demands, Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has implemented a tiered prioritization, outlined below. IDPH remains in close contact with our federal partners to communicate Iowa’s need for additional vaccines.
Phase 1B Priority Populations
Persons aged 65 years and over. OR, the following populations vulnerable to high risk of exposure
or severity of illness (listed in order of priority):
- First Responders
- PK-12 staff, early childhood education, childcare workers
- Frontline essential workers in food, agriculture, and manufacturing sectors who live or work in non-social distanced settings
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings and their direct care staff
- Staff and individuals living in congregate settings not covered by previous Phase or Tier
- Government officials, including staff, engaged in business at the State Capitol
- Inspectors responsible for health, life and safety
- Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated
Muscatine County Public Health Department is still working through vaccinating phase 1A and will not be finished until mid-February. We do not have vaccine or a waiting list at public health for any of the phases. We will provide communications in 2 weeks on how and where individuals of this target population can access their designated COVID-19 vaccine clinics.
For future announcements on vaccine clinics please watch our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Trinity-Muscatine-Public-Health-221869804495734, Muscatine County’s website at https://www.muscatinecountyiowa.gov/, and all local
newspapers within our county. Please know each one of you matters to our department!