By Daniel Andersen, Rachel Kennedy, and Melissa McEnany–Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR), will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on six different dates and locations in February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Dan Andersen, ISU Ag and Biosystems Engineering assistant professor and coordinator of the manure applicator certification program.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements. Register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1:00 pm.
Workshop Dates and Locations:
- February 10th, Adair County, Warren Cultural Center, Greenfield. Call (641)-743-8412.
- February 11th, Wright County, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call (515)-532-3453.
- February 17th, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. Call (319)-653-4811.
- Feb. 18th, Buena Vista County Extension Office, AEA Office, Storm Lake. Call (712)-732-5056.
- February 19th, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. Call (712)-737-4230.
- Feb. 24, Hamilton County, Kamrar Lions Community Building, Kamrar. Call (515)-832-9597.