Website Muscatine Community YMCA
Overall Responsibility: Organize and manage all aspects of the Muscatine Community YMCA Special Olympics Program.
1. Responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the scope of the program, including but not limited to; the number of participants to be served, the sports to be included, the number of coaches and volunteers to be involved, the desired outcome of involvement for both athletes and volunteers.
2. Responsible for coordinating the Special Olympics Advisory Committee, enabling this Committee to fulfill the responsibilities of a program advisory committee.
3. Monitor Special Olympics Program Service budget, providing the Executive Director with an explanation for variance from budget when requested.
4. Provide input into the development of the annual Special Olympics department budget.
5. In consultation with the Executive Director, pursue appropriate funding to support the program and to support planned program expansion.
6. Behave in a manner consistent with Special Olympics Iowa’s core values of mutual respect, positive attitude, accountability, teamwork and dedication.
7. Promote the mission of Special Olympics and uphold the philosophy, principles and policies of Special Olympics Iowa for the benefit of the athletes.
8. Serve as the primary contact for all mailings, phone calls and paperwork for Special Olympics.
9. Direct safe, quality training for the athletes and volunteers.
10. Oversee arrangement of competition opportunities at all levels of Special Olympics for the athletes.
11. Develop a communication system to regularly update coaches, volunteers, family members and the media.
12. Recruit, orient and train eligible athletes and volunteers needed to implement a quality local program.
13. Ensure transportation and facilities are secured for all training, competition and events.