** Daily News & Information **
MHS Winter Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
MHS Cake Auction will be Friday, January 24th. Theme for cake auction is GAME PIECE HUNT (BOARD GAMES). Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball doubleheader vs. Clinton.
If you would like to be a part of the MHS Cake Auction and would like more information, please contact Megan Randoll at [email protected]
2019 Fall Semester Testing Schedule: To help you plan for possible travel during the holidays, the 2019 Fall Semester Exam Schedule has been released.
** Daily News & Information **
- Finals are this week! Here is the Finals Schedule: 2019 Fall Semester Exam Schedule
- Dec. 20 – 2 hour Early Out at 1:31 pm
- Dec. 23-31: No School (Non-contract Days) Happy Holidays!!
- Jan. 1: No School (New Year’s Day) Happy New Year – Welcome 2020!!
- Jan. 2-3: No School (non-contract days)
- Jan. 6: Classes Resume!
- Seniors: If you need transcripts sent prior to January 1st be sure to stop in Student Services to do so before you leave for winter break. The office will be closed over the break.
- Reminder! Senior Survivor Packets Due Friday! Seniors: Senior Survivor Sign-up Packets are now available for pick up at the Attendance Center! Forms are due by December 20th to Ms. Heimerdinger’s room. Please contact Student Council Advisors, Ms. Heimerdinger, Mrs. Walsh or Mrs. Fallon if you have any questions.New Scholarship Added: See scholarship section below. (Feb. 14, 2019)
- PE Lockers: Please be certain to clean out your PE lockers & take all items remaining in your locker home with you. PE Lockers will be cleaned out Friday, Dec. 20 at 10:00 A.M. Any items remaining will be donated to Goodwill.
- Food Service Schedule for Finals Week: (Commons is closed)
- Dec 18
Cafe, Taste of Italy, Lunchbox will be closed. (Commons will be closed for seating)
- Dec 19 (Commons will be closed for seating)
Nirvana will be open at breakfast only and closed at lunch time
Tailgaters will serve breakfast only but they will be closed at lunch time
Passport will be open at lunch
- Dec 20 (2-hour Early Out) (Commons will be closed for seating)
All lines will be closed at lunch
At passport end We will serve cereal for breakfast
We will serve sack lunches from 10:00 am to 10:20 am
- Dec 18
- New Scholarship Added: See scholarship section below. (Feb. 14, 2019)
- “Muskies Against Violence will be meeting Friday, January 10th in the Commons Area during Muskie Time. If you would like to make a difference by taking a stand against important public health topics such as bullying and substance use come to this meeting and see what it’s all about!
- ASL club will meet on 12/17 and after winter break, we will meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month for the rest of the year.
- Mark your calendars! The Muskie Orchestra program is having a fundraiser at Pizza Ranch on Wed. Jan 8th to raise some last minute funds for the students going to Germany over Spring Break. Bring your family and friends out to eat at Pizza Ranch and support the orchestra program.
- The Muskie Library will have extended hours for finals week again! During finals week (Monday, December 16th through Wednesday, December 18th) the library will be open from 7:30am – 7:00pm. Students are encouraged to come use the extra study time to prepare for semester tests or final projects – FREE snacks (brain food) will be served from 4:00-7:00pm every night. Good Luck, Muskie Nation!
- Open gym for girls’ soccer will be starting on Sundays 4:00-6:00pm in the VanHecke Center. Dates are as follows:
- Jan: 5, 12, 19, 26
- Feb: 2, 9, 16, 23
- March: 1, 8
- Student IDs and Pictures/Proofs can be picked up in Student Services.
- The road in front of the Carver Pool entrance (across from the Bonnie Street parking lot) will be closed to traffic due to construction until Dec. 16th. If you want to get to the back side of MHS, you will need to go through the Bonnie Street parking lot.
- Winter Guard is beginning. If you are interested in becoming part of the Mighty Muskie Marching Bands Color Guard, winter guard is a great place to start! You will get to try the equipment, learn techniques and have fun. We will meet the following Thursdays from 7 to 8:30pm at the First Baptist gym located at 3003 Mulberry Ave, use the back doors facing Mulberry school. The dates are 12/19, 12/26, 1/2, 1/9, 1/23, and 1/30. Come one time or to how ever many fit your schedule. If you have questions please email [email protected]
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Girls’ Volleyball is selling HyVee Fundraising Cards for $20. All coupons are valid thru Dec. 31, 2020. If interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Stoltzfus or Mrs. Borde.
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales will run through November 21st. See any Agriculture Student or contact an Agriculture Teacher at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. FFA Order Form
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.