** Daily News & Information **
MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc. Activities / Athletic Website
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
2019 Fall Semester Testing Schedule: To help you plan for possible travel during the holidays, the 2019 Fall Semester Exam Schedule has been released.
** Daily News & Information **
- All MHS Students: Happiness week is December 9th-13th. This week is designed to help de-stress students before finals week! Student council has developed a list of activities and dress up days that we will be leading during the week. Please note that school dress code applies to ALL dress up days. The location for food/drink distribution will be in front of student services during lunch periods. Food and drinks are free and will be distributed during this time on a first come first serve basis. Happiness Week Info
- Boys’ Soccer will have a Boys’ Soccer Open Gym from 2-4pm on Sunday in the VanHecke Center.
- River Bend Mobile Food Pantry will be at the MCSD Administration Building – 2900 Mulberry Avenue on Tuesday, Dec. 10. Registration is from 4-4:30pm with Food Distribution from 4:30-6pm.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- Seniors: Senior Survivor Sign-up Packets are now available for pick up at the Attendance Center! Forms are due by December 20th to Ms. Heimerdinger’s room. Please contact Student Council Advisors, Ms. Heimerdinger, Mrs. Walsh or Mrs. Fallon if you have any questions.
- Seniors: If you need transcripts sent prior to January 1st be sure to stop in Student Services to do so before you leave for winter break. The office will be closed over the break.
- Student Section at Home Basketball Games: The Student Section will be on the Cafeteria end of the Home bleachers. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Lost and Found Items in the Boys’ Locker Room: Lost and Found Items are being placed on tables in the Boys’ Locker Room. Please check for items you have ‘lost’. Do not make a mess with the items that have been put out. Thank you in advance!
- Winter Orchestra Concert will be held on Thursday, Dec. 4 at 7:30pm in the Auditorium.
- Winter activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when!
- Student IDs and Pictures/Proofs can be picked up in Student Services for students that had their pictures taken on Oct. 30th.
- The FFA merchandise store is open for one more week. FFA Store
- The road in front of the Carver Pool entrance (across from the Bonnie Street parking lot) will be closed to traffic due to construction until Dec. 16th. If you want to get to the back side of MHS, you will need to go through the Bonnie Street parking lot.
- Muskie Band Nuts On Sale Now! All products listed on the flyer below are located in our inventory at the old library building at 304 Iowa Ave. We are open every Tuesdays from 6pm – 7:30pm and every Saturday from 10am – noon from now until December 16th. Please note that all walk-ins are welcome. You may also wish to place an order for any item in the catalog as well. All paperwork, monies, forms, and catalogs can be located and turned in at the Nut House. All you will need to do is locate any MHS Band Student or call Jim Stogdill @ 562-299-8082. Band Nuts Flyer
- Winter Guard is beginning. If you are interested in becoming part of the Mighty Muskie Marching Bands Color Guard, winter guard is a great place to start! You will get to try the equipment, learn techniques and have fun. We will meet the following Thursdays from 7 to 8:30pm at the First Baptist gym located at 3003 Mulberry Ave, use the back doors facing Mulberry school. The dates are 12/5, 12/19, 12/26, 1/2, 1/9, 1/23, and 1/30. Come one time or to how ever many fit your schedule. If you have questions please email [email protected]
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- MHS Cake Auction will be Friday, January 24th. Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball doubleheader vs. Clinton. Theme for cake auction is GAME PIECE HUNT (BOARD GAMES).
If you would like to be a part of the MHS Cake Auction and would like more information, please contact Megan Randoll at [email protected]
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Wesley United Church is looking for volunteers for their Wesley Holiday Shoppe on Friday, Dec. 6 from 5 to 7pm and Saturday, Dec. 7 from 8am to 1230pm. If interested, please contact Mary Anne Alberhasky at [email protected] or text at 3194616609.
- Holiday Stroll Seeking 4-6 Volunteers: The Holiday Stroll is December 6 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.
Duties will include:
- Set out no parking signs in the afternoon the day before (Thursday, December 5)
- Put up street barricades in the afternoon before the event (Friday, December 6)
- Make sure trash cans are emptied during and at the end of the event
- Take down barricades and signs at the end of the event.
Total time: about 4 hours. If interested, please contact Kayla Brix at 263.0521.
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Girls’ Volleyball is selling HyVee Fundraising Cards for $20. All coupons are valid thru Dec. 31, 2020. If interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Stoltzfus or Mrs. Borde.
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales will run through November 21st. See any Agriculture Student or contact an Agriculture Teacher at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. FFA Order Form
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.