** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
Masks must be worn at all times at MHS; when entering the building, in the hallways, and in the classrooms along with continuing to practice social distancing.
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Santa Grams: Key Club will be selling Santa Grams December 11th-December 16th. Send a short note & candy cane to a friend, teacher, or crush! Santa Grams are only $1 each and will be sold outside student services during both A & B lunch. Santa Grams will be delivered Thursday, December 17th & Friday, December 18th. Contact a Key Club member with questions!
- FFA Weekly Dec. 7-13, 2020: FFA Weekly
- Scholarships: Scholarship Link
- Hallway Lockers: Students are allowed to use their hallway lockers to store their coats and other items. If you are unsure about your hallway locker number or combination, please email one of these three individuals listed below and they will assist you.
Allie Meineke – [email protected]
Kris Meeker – [email protected]
Doreen Borde – [email protected]
- TODAY! The next Riverbed Mobile Food Pantry is Tuesday, December 8th from 4:30-6pm at the MCSD Administration Building, 2900 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine.
- Scholarships: Scholarship Link
- Opportunity for Latino and Hispanic HS Students – 10th & 11th Grade Students
R2L® NextGen is a week-long FREE leadership and civic engagement program for current high school sophomores and juniors. Through the program, CHCI brings groups of Latino high school students to D.C. to learn about how the Federal Government works, meet Latino leaders across industries, visit historic monuments, and develop a deeper understanding of how they can create positive change in their communities. R2L NextGen Registration Deadline to apply is Feb. 15, 2021.
- Support your MHS athlete in their chosen sport by placing an ad in the MHS Winter Sport program.
Deadline is December 11th. Details and order form are at: https://bit.ly/2EDytT3
- The MHS’s gay-straight alliance, the Pride Club will meet every Friday during Muskie Time in Ms. Cromer’s room (22-013), or online in our Google Meet! Everyone is welcome, no one is judged. Join us! There are usually snacks:)
- School Photos: If you ordered & paid for photos from the November 10 OR the Sept. 28 Picture Days, you can pick them up in Student Services or email [email protected] or [email protected] to arrange a pick up time.
- Proofs of school photos from the November 10 or the Sept. 28 Picture Days can be picked up on the tables across from the Attendance Center. If you would like to order photos from the proof, all the info is on the proof sheet.
- If your student is having issues with their district-issued laptop connecting to the internet, Google Meets, Google Classroom, TeamBuildr, etc., please call 563-263-6141 and you will be connected to the MHS Tech Dept. or email MHS Tech Dept. at Jose or Korey with your computer issue. For students without internet access, the district has a limited number of hotspots that can be loaned out at no cost to the students. Please call the help desk at (563) 770-0212 for hotspot availability or, email [email protected]
- FREE MEALS for all kids 18 (older when enrolled in school) and under. (USDA announced that they would be extending the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)). Resuming December 7th, we will also provide a pick-up site at Central for parents, guardians or a designee (such as an older sibling) to pick up meals for multiple days for those not attending school in person, too young to attend school and weekend meals.
- Virtual Only Families & Students: If you have not communicated with your student’s grade level counselor regarding your student’s Virtual Learning option for 2nd Semester, please call MHS at 563-263-6141 by December 4th. 2nd Semester Virtual Learning Only Communication
- Opportunity for Latino and Hispanic HS Students – 10th & 11th Grade Students:
R2L® NextGen is a week-long leadership and civic engagement program for current high school sophomores and juniors. Through the program, CHCI brings groups of Latino high school students to D.C. to learn about how the Federal Government works, meet Latino leaders across industries, visit historic monuments, and develop a deeper understanding of how they can create positive change in their communities.
CHCI is excited to announce that we will host three classes of R2L®NextGen participants in 2021!
The in-person programs will take place June 13-18, June 27-July 2, and July 18-23, 2021*
*Pending confirmation of congressional calendar and COVID-19 safety guidelines
R2L® NextGen is now open to any high school sophomore or junior in the country. For the first time, CHCI is accepting applications from high school sophomores and juniors in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Application Deadline: February 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
For more information about CHCI’s R2L NextGen program, please contact [email protected].
NOTE: The program is completely FREE of charge to all student participants – including travel to and from DC. Travel, lodging, meals, and activities will be covered through the support of State Farm®, Founding Sponsor of the R2L® NextGen Program, Bristol Myers Squibb, the U.S. Air Force, other national and regional partners, and CHCI.
- Check out the ** Sports Information** section below for all winter sports information!
- Check out the ** Fundraising ** section below for fundraisers currently happening!
- MCC Spring Semester Schedule: The Class Schedule for Spring 2021 at Muscatine Community College is now available. If you would like to discuss courses for second semester, please stop in Student Services to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Hawkins or email [email protected] or [email protected] to schedule a Google Meet.
- ACT Academy Test Prep: All students have free access to the ACT Academy test prep online. The link below includes the instructions for log in whether you have or have not logged in in the past. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins with any questions. ACT Academy Test Prep
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Yearbook Information **
- FINAL DATE TO ORDER IS FEB. 25, 2021! 2020-21 Yearbooks Orders: $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made at the MHS Attendance Center, online using InTouch, or by mail. Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 yearbook, you can pick it up at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
- Seniors: Iowa College Aid is offering a few programs to help fund your college experience.
The links to these programs can be found at:
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- The MHS Library is still offering our BookDash service!! Any student who needs (or wants) more books to read during virtual learning can complete the BookDash order form. * More information is available on the MHS Library website or the linked flyer. Curbside pick up is recommended!
*All visitors entering MHS must use the front doors and masks are required. Books must be picked up within one week of the ‘ready email’. Email Mrs. Keltner at [email protected] with questions!
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicle Registration Form Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available on the MHS Main Entrance door. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and place in the envelope on the Main Entrance door along with a contact # so you can be notified when to pick up. It will be placed back in the envelope on the Main Entrance door for you to pick up.
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- The Food & Nutrition Department is providing a free meal pick up service at Central Middle School on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for families in our community. We need help packing meals and carrying boxes and bags to cars. Please email [email protected] for details.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Fundraisers **
- POSTPONED – NO RESCHEDULE DATE SET: 2nd Annual Muscatine High School Baseball Mattress Fundraiser
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.