** Daily News & Information **
MHS Winter Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
2019 Fall Semester Testing Schedule: To help you plan for possible travel during the holidays, the 2019 Fall Semester Exam Schedule has been released.
** Daily News & Information **
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below. (Madison Elem.)
- MHS Holiday Band Concert will take place on Sat., Dec 14th @ 3 pm in the MHS Auditorium. Admission is $4/ adult, $3/ student, $10/ family. Passes are welcomed and 5 & under are free.
- MHS Holiday Choir Concert will take place on Wed., Dec. 18th @ 7:30pm in the MHS Auditorium. Admission is $4/ adult, $3/ student, $10/ family. Passes are welcomed and 5 & under are free.
- 2-hour early out – Wed., Dec. 11. Dismissal at 1:31pm
- Key Club Santa Grams go on sale NEXT WEEK! Key Club will be selling Santa Grams outside the cafeteria & in the library on December 9th – December 13th during both A & B lunch. Santa Grams are only $1 and include both a message you write & a candy cane. All Santa Grams will be delivered by Key Club members before finals!
- Open gym for girls’ soccer will be starting on Sundays 4:00-6:00pm in the VanHecke Center. Dates are as follows:
- Dec: 16
- Jan: 5, 12, 19, 26
- Feb: 2, 9, 16, 23
- March: 1, 8
- All MHS Students: Happiness week is December 9th-13th. This week is designed to help de-stress students before finals week! Student council has developed a list of activities and dress up days that we will be leading during the week. Please note that school dress code applies to ALL dress up days. The location for food/drink distribution will be in front of student services during lunch periods. Food and drinks are free and will be distributed during this time on a first come first serve basis. Happiness Week Info
- River Bend Mobile Food Pantry will be at the MCSD Administration Building – 2900 Mulberry Avenue on Tuesday, Dec. 10. Registration is from 4-4:30pm with Food Distribution from 4:30-6pm.
- Seniors: Senior Survivor Sign-up Packets are now available for pick up at the Attendance Center! Forms are due by December 20th to Ms. Heimerdinger’s room. Please contact Student Council Advisors, Ms. Heimerdinger, Mrs. Walsh or Mrs. Fallon if you have any questions.
- Seniors: If you need transcripts sent prior to January 1st be sure to stop in Student Services to do so before you leave for winter break. The office will be closed over the break.
- Student Section at Home Basketball Games: The Student Section will be on the Cafeteria end of the Home bleachers. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Lost and Found Items in the Boys’ Locker Room: Lost and Found Items are being placed on tables in the Boys’ Locker Room. Please check for items you have ‘lost’. Do not make a mess with the items that have been put out. Thank you in advance!
- Student IDs and Pictures/Proofs can be picked up in Student Services.
- The road in front of the Carver Pool entrance (across from the Bonnie Street parking lot) will be closed to traffic due to construction until Dec. 16th. If you want to get to the back side of MHS, you will need to go through the Bonnie Street parking lot.
- Muskie Band Nuts On Sale Now! All products listed on the flyer below are located in our inventory at the old library building at 304 Iowa Ave. We are open every Tuesdays from 6pm – 7:30pm and every Saturday from 10am – noon from now until December 16th. Please note that all walk-ins are welcome. You may also wish to place an order for any item in the catalog as well. All paperwork, monies, forms, and catalogs can be located and turned in at the Nut House. All you will need to do is locate any MHS Band Student or call Jim Stogdill @ 562-299-8082. Band Nuts Flyer
- Winter Guard is beginning. If you are interested in becoming part of the Mighty Muskie Marching Bands Color Guard, winter guard is a great place to start! You will get to try the equipment, learn techniques and have fun. We will meet the following Thursdays from 7 to 8:30pm at the First Baptist gym located at 3003 Mulberry Ave, use the back doors facing Mulberry school. The dates are 12/5, 12/19, 12/26, 1/2, 1/9, 1/23, and 1/30. Come one time or to how ever many fit your schedule. If you have questions please email [email protected]
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- MHS Cake Auction will be Friday, January 24th. Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball doubleheader vs. Clinton. Theme for cake auction is GAME PIECE HUNT (BOARD GAMES).
If you would like to be a part of the MHS Cake Auction and would like more information, please contact Megan Randoll at [email protected]
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Girls’ Volleyball is selling HyVee Fundraising Cards for $20. All coupons are valid thru Dec. 31, 2020. If interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Stoltzfus or Mrs. Borde.
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales will run through November 21st. See any Agriculture Student or contact an Agriculture Teacher at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. FFA Order Form
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.