MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
** Daily News & Information **
- State Bowling has been moved to Thursday, Feb. 21 at 11:30am at Cadillac Lanes in Waterloo, Iowa due to the incoming weather.
- Congrats to the Speech & Debate Team. Two more students qualified in Congress! Hannah Pautz & Ngonyo Mungara. That’s 11 total students from Muscatine qualified to compete in the National Speech & Debate Tournament in Dallas this June!
- Congrats to Brennan Broders for finishing in 8th place and medaling at the State Wrestling Meet!
- Congrats to the Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling Teams for qualifying with at-large spots for the State Bowling Tournament!
- Congrats to RCR Show Choir for placing 2nd at their competition this weekend!
- Boys’ Tennis Meeting: There will be a boys’ tennis meeting on March 5 during Enrichment in Room 21-030. You must have your current physical, concussion form, and waiver on file in the Athletic Office before you can practice.
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below (April)
- Seniors: Six Flags Information Information. $25 deposit to be made by March 8 in order to secure Six Flags Date & charter bus. 53 students need to sign up & make payment! Info is available at the Attendance Center too! GradNite Info & Permission Slip
- Speech & Debate Showcase Fundraise at The Missipi Brew TONIGHT, Feb. 19 5:30-8:30pm
Speech & Debate Fundraiser
- Yoga This Week: Yoga will be 5th, 6th & 7th period Wed & Friday in room 22-007
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below. (April)
- The 8th Grade Parent Night has been rescheduled for Feb. 19 from 6:15-7:15 in the MHS Auditorium.
8th Grade Parent Presentation
- Small Ensemble Concert will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 19 in the MHS Auditorium, 7:30-9:00pm.
- Yoga this week:
Wed. & Friday: 5th, 6th
- Muskie Boys’ Swim Banquet Tonight @ 6pm in the Commons.
- Boys’ Track practice will start Tuesday, February 19. We will meet in the upstairs gym above the boys locker room ready to start practice at 3:40 P.M. If your winter sport is still in progress, we will see you after your season. You must have a current physical, concussion form, and waiver on file in the athletics office before you can practice. If you have any questions, contact Coach Rusch [email protected] or see me in room 21-022).
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below. (March & April)
- MHS Key Club is again hosting an MHS Talent Show. The Talent Show will be held Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am (with the early out schedule, this will include 1st-4th periods). Proceeds from the Talent Show will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital & Muscatine Humane Society.
- MHS YEARBOOKS: Don’t forget to order an MHS Yearbook if you want to guarantee one. They are available to order for $56 until Feb 22. Please go to this link or the Attendance Center to buy one. If you don’t order one, there will be a few available on a first come first serve basis, the day after we pass out yearbooks — but these sell out fast!
- AFTER-CAPE BREAKFAST
Location: Calvary Church
Time: 3:30AM-Roughly 5AM
What: A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE. There will be no church-related information, the room you will eat in is also a gym, and there are no religious symbols or affiliations at all. Just simply an alternative to driving out of town at 4 in the morning to the Quad Cities for breakfast after an exhausting evening.
- Senior Resources is looking for dependable, hardworking Chore Workers* to remove snow for Seniors in our community. Positions open immediately. $10 per hour!! Workers must be 16 years or older to apply and must be able to pass a background check & have their own equipment. Applications can be picked up at1808 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine for more information, call: Mayra Garcia (563) 263-7292.
- MHS Swing Dance will be held March 9 at The Merrill Hotel from 6-10pm. Admission is $6 at the door.
- 2019-20 MHS Course Selection Parent Letter Course Selection Letter Spanish 2019-2020.pdf MHS Course Selection Letter English2019-2020.pdf
- Softball parent/player meeting will be held Feb. 24 from 2 – 4pm in the Commons. If you have questions, please contact Coach Hopkins at [email protected]
- Upcoming Muskie Activities at a Glance.pdf – Updated!
- Entry Level Soccer Referee Course Being Offered: To sign up, go to: http://www.iowasoccer.org/events/entry-level_referee_course_-_muscatine/
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- MHS WINTER THAW Dance
Rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 23rd
$5 admission fee at the door
Current MHS ID required at check in
** No outside guests will be allowed **
- Guys THAW and PROM clothes (pants, shirts, suits) added to the racks. Stop by and check them out today – they’re FREE!
- 9-12th Grade Girls: FREE THAW dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION!
- Junior & Senior Girls: FREE Prom dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes from size 6 to 24 and styles. NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION
- FREE used winter coats available in Student Services for students that are in need and would like to check them out.
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Pearl City Volleyball is Needing Concession Help: We have a home tournament on Saturday, Feb. 23rd. if anyone is interested in helping with concessions, please sign up here:
Pearl City Concessions Sign-up If you have questions, please contact BreAnne Holleran at 563-272-8817 or [email protected]
- Grant Elementary School is hosting their spring carnival on Friday, March 1st. We are looking for volunteers to run games, hand out prizes, and more from 4:30-7:30. Free dinner is provided! Please contact Jessi Freers at [email protected] or 263-7005 if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.