** Daily News & Information **
MHS Winter Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
MHS Cake Auction will be Friday, January 24th – 6pm. Theme is BOARD GAMES.
2020 Cake Auction Info
Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball doubleheader vs. Clinton
Boys’ Freshman: 6pm (VanHecke)
Boys’ Soph: 4:30pm
Boys’ Varsity: 7:30pm
Girls’ Fresh/Soph: 4:30pm (VanHecke)
Girls’ Varsity: 6pm
Live/Silent Auctions & 50/50 raffle
Food, Cake & Ice Cream starting at 5pm
Donated cakes, please register via email at [email protected]
Donated cakes should be delivered to Muscatine High School – Attendance Office between 12-4pm on Jan. 24th (enter through the MHS Main Entrance)
** Daily News & Information **
- The committee for the We Are One campaign to raise money for our stadium improvements at MHS is holding a press conference on Wednesday, January 15th at 7:30 am in the VanHecke Center. We’ll be presenting the plan for the community stadium, including fundraising, and we will have representatives from a wide range of student activities present and part of the event. From 7:15-7:30am, guests will also be able to walk through the VanHecke Center Weight Room. All are welcome to attend!
- Mr. Flowers’ J-Term classes for Friday & Saturday ( Jan. 10 & 11th) have been rescheduled due to pending weather. Monday class has also been rescheduled. Classes will be held on Jan. 14, Jan. 15, and Jan. 16 from 6-9pm.
- The Pool Entrance door will be open at 6:30am starting Monday, Jan. 13th.
- Road Closed Behind MHS Starting Monday, January 13, 2020: In preparation for the construction of the storm shelter addition, the section of road behind MHS adjacent to the football stadium and the grassy area by Carver Pool to the new handicapped parking will be CLOSED. This includes the sidewalk west of the grassy area. The handicap parking lot can be accessed from the Cedar Street drive.
- New Scholarship: See Scholarship section below (April 1, 2020)
- Muskie Time: Students should report to their Muskie Time teacher each day this week.
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- 2-hour Early Out – January 8th (Dismiss at 1:31pm)
- The Orchestra fundraiser at Pizza Ranch originally scheduled for Wed., Jan 8th has been rescheduled to Wed., Jan. 29th from 5-8pm. Please join us to help raise some last minute funds for the students going to Germany over Spring Break. Bring your family and friends out to eat at Pizza Ranch and support the orchestra program.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below. (River City Showcase – Jan. 17 and/or Jan. 18)
- Juniors and Seniors: Study Hall Exemption Form. If you meet the requirements, please fill out and return the completed signed form by your parent to the AP Office – Mrs. Chatfield. Study Hall Exemption Form
- New Scholarship Added: See scholarship section below. (Feb. 14, 2019)
- ASL club will meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month for the rest of the year.
- “Muskies Against Violence will be meeting Friday, January 10th in the Commons Area during Muskie Time. If you would like to make a difference by taking a stand against important public health topics such as bullying and substance use come to this meeting and see what it’s all about!
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- It’s just about time for the River City Showcase and we need your help. Need hours for Silver Cord, NHS or Key Club? We can use your help on Friday, January 17 and/or Saturday, January 18. On Friday, we can use help from 4:30pm until approximately 11:00pm. We can use your help from 7:30am until close to midnight, or anytime in between, on Saturday. Let us know if you would like to be put on the schedule for all day or part of the day. Contact Gail Ryan by text or email. 563-299-8760 or [email protected]
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.