** Daily News & Information **
MHS Winter Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
MHS Cake Auction will be Friday, January 24th – 6pm. Theme is BOARD GAMES.
2020 Cake Auction Info
Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball doubleheader vs. Clinton
Boys’ Freshman: 6pm (VanHecke)
Boys’ Soph: 4:30pm
Boys’ Varsity: 7:30pm
Girls’ Fresh/Soph: 4:30pm (VanHecke)
Girls’ Varsity: 6pm
Live/Silent Auctions & 50/50 raffle
Food, Cake & Ice Cream starting at 5pm
Donated cakes, please register via email at [email protected]
Donated cakes should be delivered to Muscatine High School – Attendance Office between 12-4pm on Jan. 24th (enter through the MHS Main Entrance)
** Daily News & Information **
- RESCHEDULED! The committee for the We Are One campaign to raise money for our stadium improvements at MHS is holding a press conference on Friday, January 24th at 7:30 am in the VanHecke Center. We’ll be presenting the plan for the community stadium, including fundraising, and we will have representatives from a wide range of student activities present and part of the event. From 7:15-7:30am, guests will also be able to walk through the VanHecke Center Weight Room. All are welcome to attend! Parking will be available in the parking lot behind MHS. Visitors will need to enter MHS using the Cedar St. entrance and enter the Cedar Street parking lot and continue to the parking lot behind MHS.
- 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guide: 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guidebook
MHS Guidance staff will be meeting with grade level classes starting on Tuesday, January 21. One-to-one meetings with students regarding their next year classes/schedule will begin the following week.
- Cake Auction – Student Involvement: If interested in donating to purchase a cake auction cake for student section, an anonymous donor will match price up to $500. Drop off your donation to Mrs. Stoltzfus by end of day on Jan. 24 in rm 11-002. Cake will be shared with student section. Student Bought Cake
- It’s not too late to order your MHS Yearbook! Cost is $56 and can be ordered at the Attendance Office or online at Jostens. Deadline is February 24, 2020.
- Fundraiser at Boonies on the Avenue for Senior Survivor (Abi Foulk and Takpor Tiah) on Monday, January 20th from 5-8:30pm. 20% of the sales from this night and 100% of the donations will be donated to the Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, which is our charity of choice. It would be greatly appreciated if you could come down and support, but if you can’t make it, you can donate to our Go Fund Me page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/senior-survivoriowa-children039s-hospital?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-3
- Attention Seniors: The local scholarship packet offered through the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine will be available Tuesday, January 21st. Information sessions on creating accounts and completing the application will be held in the MHS Commons. Information sessions will be held periods 1,2,3,5,6,7 during the school day and additional sessions will be held at 7:30 am and 3:30 pm to accommodate students who do not have free hours. Seniors will need to bring their laptops to the information sessions.
- Seniors – MCC Foundation Scholarships: The application portal for MCC Foundation scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year is now open or Seniors Interested in attending Muscatine Community College. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2020. Students can apply by going to: www.eicc.edu/scholarships
- Road Closed Behind MHS Starting Monday, January 13, 2020: In preparation for the construction of the storm shelter addition, the section of road behind MHS adjacent to the football stadium and the grassy area by Carver Pool to the new handicapped parking will be CLOSED. This includes the sidewalk west of the grassy area. The handicap parking lot can be accessed from the Cedar Street drive.
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 6:30am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- It’s just about time for the River City Showcase and we need your help. Need hours for Silver Cord, NHS or Key Club? We can use your help on Friday, January 17 and/or Saturday, January 18. On Friday, we can use help from 4:30pm until approximately 11:00pm. We can use your help from 7:30am until close to midnight, or anytime in between, on Saturday. Let us know if you would like to be put on the schedule for all day or part of the day. Contact Gail Ryan by text or email. 563-299-8760 or [email protected]
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.