** Daily News & Information **
MHS Winter Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- The Orchestra fundraiser at Pizza Ranch will be on Wed., Jan. 29th from 5-8pm. Please join us to help raise some last minute funds for the students going to Germany over Spring Break.
Bring your family and friends out to eat at Pizza Ranch and support the orchestra program.
- 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guide: 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guidebook MHS Guidance staff have met with grade level classes and have begun scheduling one-to-one meetings with students regarding their next year classes/schedule.
- Seniors!!!! The local scholarship through the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine portal is open! Don’t lose out on great scholarship opportunities! For those of you who missed Mrs. Hawkin’s presentations last week, here is the presentation link 2020 Muscatine High School Local Scholarship Information. You can pick up a copy of your transcript in Student Services. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- The 30th Annual Muskie Boosters Cake Auction was a success with 94 cakes being donated and raising a little over $26,000 for the Muskie Boosters to support MHS Activities & Athletics! The Muskie Boosters would like to thank anyone who had any part in assisting with the cake auction — it couldn’t be done without the help and support of parent & student volunteers, staff, and our community and businesses. Mark your calendar for January 29, 2021 for the 31st Annual Muskie Boosters Cake Auction!
- Key Club Blood Drive: Any MHS Students or Staff interested in donating blood for the 3rd Annual Micalea Brunson Memorial Blood Drive hosted by Key Club on Monday, February 10th 2020 needs to sign‐up with a Key Club member or email Mrs. Keltner at [email protected] Walk‐ins will NOT be taken for this blood drive ‐‐all donors need to have a scheduled time between 8:00am-12:00noon in the MHS Gym. Key Club Blood Drive
Any parents or community members wanting to donate can make an appointment at the MVRBC Muscatine Donor Center (located at 2604 2nd Avenue Suite 6 in Muscatine) by calling (563) 264-2967 and scheduling an appointment the week of February 10th-14th for the Micalea Brunson Memorial Drive.
- Muscatine Race for the Schools Poster Contest: The Muscatine Race for the Schools Committee is having a Poster Contest. The student who designs the winning poster will receive a FREE ENTRY to the 2020 Muscatine Race for the School. All posters must be turned in to Dapme at the MCSD Administration Center no later than February 8, 2020. The Race Committee will determine the top 5 Posters. The public will be able to vote online @ www.muscatineracefortheschools.org for their favorite race poster. The 2020 Race Poster Winner will be announced on Feb. 24, 2020. Race for the School Poster Contest Details
- Senior Survivor Dodgeball Tournament: February 17 @ 1pm at MHS Gymnasium. 5-8 people per team, $3 per person entry fee. Sign-up sheet is at the Attendance Center.
Senior Survivor Dodgeball Tournament
- RESCHEDULED! Football Interest Meeting: Tuesday, January 28th during Muskie Time there will be a meeting for all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders interested in playing football this coming fall. The meeting will take place in the Van Hecke Center. Please see Coach Mueller if you have any questions.
- New Club @ MHS: Turning Point
Are you interested in the current political climate of America? Do you believe in free markets and free speech? Come check out the New Turning Point club and chapter and get involved today!First Meeting: January 30th during Muskie TimeLocation: 13-005
Sign-up under Mr. Kitzmann in Adaptive SchedulerContact Dylan Metzger @ [email protected] with any questions
- Senior Survivor Bingo Night Fundraiser on Monday, Feb. 10 @ 6:30pm in the MHS Commons.
Bingo Night – Senior Survivor
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- Boys’ Track Meeting: There will be a boys’ track meeting on Wednesday, January 29 during Muskie Time in Coach Rusch’s room (21-022). Anyone planning on or is thinking about running boy’s track this spring should attend. Please sign up on adaptive scheduler under “Quiet Study Hall- Rusch – Boys Track Meeting”. If you have any questions or cannot attend the meeting please contact Coach Rusch ([email protected])
- FFA Meeting will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 28th during Muskie Time. Sign up for an Ag Teachers Muskie Time.
- Sign up now for Boys’ Tennis: Are you planning on playing Boys Tennis this year? Use the link below to give Coach Sichterman info that will help him plan for this coming season
When we set a date for a Player info mtg, it will be promoted at school.
- Girls’ Soccer Information Mtg: Use this link to get signed up for Girls’ Soccer this year: https://forms.gle/s28VRppMeBKZN75M8
All girls planning on playing should sign up. Plan on attending the Girls’ Soccer mtg on Tues., Jan. 28 during Muskie Time to meet Coach Espinoza. The meeting will be in the HS Commons.
- Winter Thaw Dance will be held on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 8-10pm in the MHS Cafeteria. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5. Current MHS Student ID is required. Proceeds from the dance will go to Dance Marathon. (If you don’t have a current Student ID, please go to Student Services to pick yours up!) Winter Thaw
- Girls’ Golf: Any girls interested in playing golf this spring please contact Mr. Windham by email, [email protected] or stop by Room 23-007 in the Business/Foreign Language wing.
- It’s not too late to order your MHS Yearbook! Cost is $56 and can be ordered at the Attendance Office or online at Jostens. Deadline is February 24, 2020.
- Seniors – MCC Foundation Scholarships: The application portal for MCC Foundation scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year is now open or Seniors Interested in attending Muscatine Community College. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2020. Students can apply by going to: www.eicc.edu/scholarships
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- LOST & FOUND: If you’ve lost an item, please check at the Attendance Center!
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 6:30am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Hershey Manor is looking for some chore help. This can range from clearing snow off and around their vehicle to dusting or simply just want some company. If interested, please Misty Wetzel at 563-263-8304. Hershey Manor is a public housing facility for the elderly of Muscatine. This is non-assisted living for them and many are looking for some chore help.
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
- ** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
- ** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.