** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
Community Services: Community Services Information
** Daily News & Information **
- 2020 MHS Graduation will take place on July 2nd at 7PM at the MHS Stadium. All family members/guests should park in the Bonnie Street parking lot as this is the only entrance to the stadium. As parking is limited, we advise family members to carpool. Those with a token will be admitted to the stadium. Stadium entrance will open at 6PM.
FB Page, Twitter, & YouTube, AND can be watched via MPW TV (fiber and legacy) on Channel 9/709.
Attention MHS Parents: The CAPE Committee is looking for the following chair positions to be filled for 2021: Chair(s), Large Prizes, Publicity, Food.CAPE is fully staffed by parent volunteers. If we don’t have volunteers, we won’t have CAPE! Please email [email protected] if interested.
- 2020 Muscatine FFA Awards Night will be on Thursday, July 9 at 7PM at the MHS Football Stadium. Parents and students are invited. 2020 FFA Awards Night Info
Those who plan to attend, please follow the procedures listed below:
- Enter the Stadium through the Bonnie Street Gate
- Site with your family, leaving 6 feet of space between families
- Sit every other row
- FFA Members will stand when recognized
- Awards & materials will be picked up by grade level outside the gate after the program
- Silver Cord Opportunity: MCSA is looking for volunteers on July 5 at the MCSA fireworks tent, located in the HyVee parking lot, to help load up the tent at 9:00AM on July 5th. The contact number is 563-271-5273.
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed sessions will be open for registration on July 1st online. Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
- Thank you to all that made 2020 CAPE a success! 2020 CAPE Thank You List
- 2019-20 MHS Academic Awards Recipients: 2019-20 MHS Academic Awards Recipients.pdf
Note: Awards for grades 9-11 will be handed out at the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!
to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
Baseball Fundraiser Cards: MHS Baseball players are selling $20 coupon cards to support Muskie Baseball this year. We are not sending the boys out to sell door to door like we normally would so we are depending on word of mouth. 73 total coupons for the following vendors: McDonalds, Hardees, Thiesens, Kwik Star, Gio Johns, Rose Bowl, Casey’s, Burrito Factory, Subway, Taco Bell, Pizza Ranch, Culvers, Black Pearl, Taco John’s, Bridgeside Links, Godfather’s Pizza, Skinny’s BBQ and Papa Murphy’s. I have seen a lot of Coupon cards over the years, and you will get your money’s worth on this one. Email MHS Activities/Athletic Director at [email protected] if you would like to purchase one or ask one of our Muskie Baseball players. Thank you in advance for your support!!
- 2020 Excellence in Ed Recipients:2020 Excellence in Education Recipients.pdf
Excellence in Education provides scholarships for graduating seniors and current eighth-graders. It also honors outstanding staff who have made an impact on the lives of our students. The Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust has funded the Excellence in Education scholarship program for over twenty-five years.The Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust has provided the Muscatine Community School District the opportunity to present twenty seniors with $3000 scholarships and ten 8th grade students with $1000 scholarships. Six awards are available for teachers, administrators and support staff.
- 2019-20 MHS 2nd Semester Honor Roll:MHS Semester 2 Honor Roll.pdf
- Current 9th, 10th, & 11th Grade Students: Calling all Key Clubbers! Key Club Flyer
Key Club is a high school service organization. Everyone is welcome to join our club and many find it a welcoming environment where you can meet new friends and ways to participate at Muscatine High School. The MHS Key Club members participate in service to our school and community in many ways – we host blood drives, the high schools talent show, participate in the United Way Day of Caring, volunteer with and raise money for local and national organizations. Students learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions. Last year, our club completed over 700 hours of community service and won an achievement award from our District!We are always looking for new members for this upcoming school year! If you are interested in learning more about Key Club, stay connected with us! We are planning a few summer/fall social events and volunteer opportunities (depending on when school administrators approve athletic/activities gatherings) and we’d love for you to join us!Stay connected with us:
Remind: text @kclubmhs to 81010
Or email Mrs. Keltner ([email protected]) or Mrs. Rauenbuehler ([email protected]) with questions or to be added to our email list!
- Silver Cord Form: Silver Cord Form link
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
** Sports Information **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.