MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Parent Teacher Conferences (Walk-in No Appointment Necessary):
March 11 – 4:00-7:15pm
March 13 – 4:00-7:15pm
March 14 – 1:45-3:45pm
** Daily News & Information **
- Congratulations to the following MHS bowlers on making the MAC All Conference Team:
- Gabi Evans – 1st Team MAC & 1st Team All State
- Emily Payne – Honorable Mention
- Carter Riley – 2nd Team
- Noah Miller – 2nd Team
- Marcus Madsen – Honorable Mention
- Congratulations to Cooper Zeck for being named to the Iowa Basketball Coaches Association District All-Academic team.
- Congratulations to Noah Yahn on making the MAC All Conference Team – Honorable Mention and for winning TV6 Spotlight Athlete of the Week for the Week of February 25th, 2019.
- Talent Show — MHS Key Club will be hosting a Talent Show on Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am in the auditorium. Tickets need to be purchased in advance and will be sold outside of Student Services Before and After School (7:45-8:15am & 3:30-4:00pm) March 11th-13th for $5 each. Proceeds from the show will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital & the Muscatine Humane Society. Students who attend the show will be excused from class.
- MHS Senior Survivor, hosted by Student Council, is next week, March 4-8. During this week, six co-ed teams compete in true survivor fashion for a pot of fundraised money for their chosen charity. Community members are welcome to visit and watch survivors compete on three out of the five days during their community challenges. Here are the details for Senior Survivor Community Challenges the week of March 4th:
- Tuesday, March 5th: Pool Challenge! 6-7pm, MHS Pool, $3 entrance– Bring signs for your favorite team! The team/charity with the most signs gets bonus points!
- Wednesday, March 6th: Mental Challenge! 6-7pm, MHS Commons, $3 entrance– Extra donations equals extra points for your favorite team or charity!
- Thursday, March 7th: Musical Challenge! 6-7pm, MHS Gym, $3 entrance– Wear your team’s color for extra points towards your favorite team/charity!
Here are the teams:
Blue Team: Will Zillig and Vada Fridley, supporting JDRF
Red Team: Tony Nietzel and Julia Moravec, supporting Relay for Life Muscatine
Yellow Team: Carson Orr and Kendra Eller, supporting Muscatine Diabetes Project
Purple Team: Mateo Rangel and Dani Carias, supporting WWF
Black Team: Carson Borde and Callie Kellett, supporting Autism Speaks
Pink Team: Tanner Niehaus and Kaylie Reynolds, supporting Gilda’s Club (QC)
- The boys’ locker room will be closed during Muskie Time and during A & B Lunch. Students should not be in the gym unsupervised, only those with physical education classes should be in any of the gyms during the day.
- MHS Spring Band Concert, Friday, March 1st, 7-8:30 pm MHS Auditorium.Boys’ Soccer Player/Parent Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 3 following boys’ open gym at 4pm in the Commons.
- Girls’ Soccer Player/Parent Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 3 following girls’ open gym at 5:30pm in the Commons.
- Congratulations to Mr. Heid for receiving WQAD’s “My Favorite Teacher” nominated by Rachel Mullikin. The broadcast will be on March 11th during the WQAD morning show and will be replayed that evening at 5pm.
- Yoga This Week in Rm 22-007
- F: Muskie, 5th, 6th
- Parks and Recreation Department Job Fair. We will be holding open interviews on March 23 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Muscatine Municipal Golf Course. Many seasonal positions are available in Parks Maintenance, Golf, Recreation and Aquatics. Parks and Rec Job Fair Info
- Enrichment Scheduling: Starting on March 4th, students will be reporting to enrichment Monday-Friday. Student will need to sign up for enrichment in adaptive scheduler for any day they haven’t been requested by a teacher. Remember, all students must sign up for an enrichment each day. 11th and 12th grade students may sign up for quiet study.
- MHS Spring Choir Concert, Monday, March 4 7-8pm, MHS Auditorium.
- CAPE (Carnival After Prom Extravaganza) Fundraiser at Boonies on March 4, 5pm to close. All proceeds benefit the students of Muscatine High School attending CAPE after prom.
CAPE Fundraiser Info
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected] CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- Girls’ Golf: Don’t forget to get all your paperwork into the Athletics Office prior to March 11 which is the first day of practice.
- Seniors who had Economics with Mrs. Tometich or Mrs Spencer. Mrs. Tometich has the forms to fill out for the EverFi Financial Literacy Program. Please stop by room 23-007 to pick up forms and confirm eligibility. This is a $500 scholarship and you will need to fill out an application and submit it to First National Bank by April 13th.
- Juniors/Junior Parents: ICAN Financial Aid Information Meeting will be held on March 13 from 5:30-6:30pm in the MHS Commons.
ICAN Presentation Info (English & Spanish).pdf
- Juniors: ACT test has been rescheduled for March 12.
- March Mobile Pantry will be March 12 4:30-6:30pm at MHS.
- Boys’ Tennis Meeting: There will be a boys’ tennis meeting on March 5 during Enrichment in Room 21-030. You must have your current physical, concussion form, and waiver on file in the Athletic Office before you can practice.
- Seniors: Six Flags Information Information. $25 deposit to be made by March 8 in order to secure Six Flags Date & charter bus. 53 students need to sign up/make payment at the Attendance Center! Info is available at the Attendance Center too! GradNite Info & Permission Slip
- MHS Key Club is again hosting an MHS Talent Show. The Talent Show will be held Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am (with the early out schedule, this will include 1st-4th periods). Proceeds from the Talent Show will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital & Muscatine Humane Society.
- AFTER-CAPE BREAKFAST
Location: Calvary Church
Time: 3:30AM-Roughly 5AM
What: A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE. There will be no church-related information, the room you will eat in is also a gym, and there are no religious symbols or affiliations at all. Just simply an alternative to driving out of town at 4 in the morning to the Quad Cities for breakfast after an exhausting evening.
- Senior Resources is looking for dependable, hardworking Chore Workers* to remove snow for Seniors in our community. Positions open immediately. $10 per hour!! Workers must be 16 years or older to apply and must be able to pass a background check & have their own equipment. Applications can be picked up at 1808 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine for more information, call: Mayra Garcia (563) 263-7292.
- MHS Swing Dance will be held March 9 at The Merrill Hotel from 6-10pm. Admission is $6 at the door.
- Entry Level Soccer Referee Course Being Offered: To sign up, go to: http://www.iowasoccer.org/events/entry-level_referee_course_-_muscatine/
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- Junior & Senior Guys & Gals: FREE Prom dresses and suits, pants & shirts to check outside the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes and styles. NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.