** Daily News & Information **
Home of the Muskies!
Spring Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guide: 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guidebook
** Daily News & Information **
- FREE Grab-N-Go Breakfast and Lunch Meals Available! Grab-N-Go Meal Info
Starting Monday, 3/23/20, Muscatine Community School District’s Food & Nutrition Department will begin providing prepackaged lunches & breakfasts (breakfast for the next day) for children 18 years old & under. CHILDREN MUST BE PRESENT FOR FOOD DISTRIBUTION.
Elementary School Grab & Go Meal Sites – 11 – 11:30 a.m.
Franklin: packaged meals will be handed out at the main office entryway.
Madison: packaged meals will be handed out at the Letter D entryway.
Jefferson: packaged meals will be handed out from the main doors. We will use the entryway, only. Kids will come in one door & out another. In & out signs will be posted.
NON – School Grab & Go Meal Sites – Noon – 12:30 p.m.
Cedar Park Apartments: packaged meals will be handed out near their OLD office.
M & W Mobile Home Park: packaged meals handed out near the mailboxes.
Ripley’s Mobile Home Park: packaged meals handed out near their office.
Salvation Army: packaged meals handed from their main doors.
Drive-Up Grab & Go Meal Site – 11 a.m. – Noon
MCSD Administration Center at 2900 Mulberry: Parents or caregivers may drive up to the building under the carport & packaged meals will be handed out for the # of children in the car.
We will continue to increase or decrease site locations based upon the need of the community and will communicate to our families any changes. **Please do not attend if you or your child is sick (running a fever, cough, etc.).
- Class of 2020 – Senior Survey: Seniors – The Senior Survey is up and running on Powerschool. Now is a great time for seniors to login and get the Senior Survey completed. This survey is required by the state and gives them information about your post secondary intentions.
- CANCELLED! MHS Prom has been cancelled for April 18 from 8-11pm at The Merrill Hotel. MHS Prom Communication.pdf
- RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 5TH! 16th Annual All City Swing Dance will take place on Friday, June 5, 2020 from 7-10PM at The Merrill Hotel. $6 Cash Only Admission. 2020 All City Swing Dance Info
Muscatine Driver Education Parents and Students:Unfortunately, the Muscatine AEA Driver Education March 23 class will be cancelled. Students may move to summer classes. The dates are:*June 8 to 27*June 29 to July 18*July 20 to August 8Also, MBAEA Driver Education school year classes for 2020-21 will be open for registration on July 1st online.Please contact MBAEA via email at [email protected] to notify us of your summer class preference.
FYI – classes do have maximum capacity, so please contact our office as soon as possible.Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. Dr. Anne Budde’s cell phone is 563.529.5435 if you have urgent questions.
- Muscatine Community College/EICC – Summer 2020 Nurse Aid Class
(session 1: June 8-June 29)
(session 2: July 6-July 27)
To participate in the summer nurse aid class students are required to:
- Be 16 years old by orientation date (session 1: May 29, session 2: June 26)
- Be a current Iowa high school student not graduated before July 1, 2020
- Attend Mandatory Orientation
- Acquire book and get fitted for uniform at the college bookstore
(Book and uniform costs are covered)
- Complete a Criminal Background check and pay $25
- Provide proof of TB Test or QuantiFeronGold
- Have appropriate transportation to and from class and clinicals
- Have and wear tennis shoes to class and clinicals
- Have and wear a second hand watch
- Attend all classes and clinicals
- Attend the Field Experience on June 30, 2020
- Schedule and complete state certification testing
Students will be responsible for the $25 background check, TB Test costs, obtaining a second hand watch and transportation to and from class, clinicals and state testing site. All other costs will be covered by the college grant.If a student is interested in nursing, the high school has a concurrent nursing academy for students in their junior and/or senior years of high school and the nurse aid class is offered to those students during their spring term.
There are a limited number of seats for this class offering.FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT ANABELIA CALDERON-FLORES AT 563-288-6035 OR EMAIL acalderon-fl[email protected]
- Junior Police Academy: Lt. Jirak will be holding information sessions for students and parents who are interested in learning more about the Junior Police Academy this summer in the MHS Commons during Muskie Time (10:00-10:30) on Tuesday, April 21st, Tuesday, April 28th, Tuesday, May 12th. Junior Police Academy Information
- Volunteers are needed for our 3 HS Track Meets this Spring: Our girls will be in action March 26 (CANCELLED). We will have a Boys Soph/JV meet on April 6 (CANCELLED) and we will have a JV/Vars Boys meet on April 27th. Meets start at 4:30pm. We need a lot of help to have a smooth track meet. Please use the link below to volunteer to help out. https://forms.gle/D3eCKLQStoKcGZQN7 Thank you in advance and contact Mr. Ulses if you have any questions.
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a joint conference of two Rotary Districts. It’s a six day leadership conference held at Grinnell, Iowa. This year, the dates are July 19 – July 24. High school sophomores and juniors (2019 – 2020 school year) are eligible to apply. The Rotary club of Muscatine would like to sponsor two students to attend this year! You can begin to apply now! Registration closes April 30th, 2020. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Naomi DeWinter: [email protected] http://www.iowaryla.org/apply/
- 2020 Muscatine County Fair Queen Competition: If you are a young lady between the ages of 16-21 and are interested in participating and representing the Muscatine County Fair this year, please complete and submit the attached application. Applications are due May 1, 2020. 2020 Muscatine County Fair Queen Registration Form
- Check Lost & Found at the Attendance Center if you have lost an item such as glasses, coat, hat, gloves/mittens, keys, jewelry, etc.
- Trinity College-Health Care Exploration Camp – July 27-30: Trinity College is holding a summer camp for those interested in pursuing a career in healthcare (must be sixteen years old or older). To apply is free, but there is a $30 fee if selected to fill one of the 20 spots. There are also scholarships available. Students can apply now through April 1st with those selected being contacted in early May. If you have questions, please contact Anna Masengarb at [email protected] Trinity College: Health Care Exploration Camp Info
- Juniors: Interested in pursuing a career in Business? 2020 Tippie Gateway Summer Program University of Iowa Opportunity: The Tippie Gateway Program is a six-day residential program for students interested in studying business at Iowa – in the hopes that you will share this information with your students.Tippie Gateway Program Info Tippie Program Info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nswvYPj-bo
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 6:30am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- McKinley Elementary is looking for volunteers for the McKinley Elementary School Carnival to help run some games on Friday, April 17th from 4:30-7:30PM. If interested, please sign up using this link: https://signup.com/go/GLLEdhR
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Sports Information **
** Fundraisers **
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.