** Daily News & Information **
Home of the Muskies!
Spring Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guide: 2020-21 MHS Curriculum Guidebook
** Daily News & Information **
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord Section below. (McKinley Elementary – April 17th)
- River Bend Mobile Food Pantry will be at the MCSD Administration Building on Tuesday,
March 10th – 2900 Mulberry Avenue. Registration is from 4-4:30pm with Food Distribution from 4:30-6pm.
- TONIGHT! MHS Symphonic Band Concert will be held on Friday, March 6th at 7pm in the MHS Auditorium.
- NEW VENUE – TOMORROW! Junior & Senior Girls: Still in need of a Prom Dress? Check out the Recycle Dress Event this Saturday, March 7th from 10AM – 3PM at Tiny Tunes Entertainment, 225 E. 2nd St., Muscatine. All dresses are FREE!
Recycle the Dress Event Info
- Parent – Teacher Conference Walk-in Schedule
Monday, March 9 4:00-7:15PM
Weds., March 11 4:00-7:15PM
Thursday, March 12 1:45-3:45PM
- March 12 – 2-hr Early Out
- March 13 – NO SCHOOL (Conference Comp Day)
- March 16-20 Spring Break – NO SCHOOL
March 23 Classes Resume
- REMINDER! Seniors!!!! The local scholarship through the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine portal is open! Don’t lose out on great scholarship opportunities!
2020 Muscatine High School Local Scholarship Information. You can pick up a copy of your transcript in Student Services. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- Talent Show Tickets will be sold outside of Student Services before school, after school, and during lunch on March 9th-11th for $5 each by Key Club members. Tickets need to be purchased in advance. Proceeds from the show will be donated to Diversity Services Center of Iowa. Students with more than 1 failing grade and/or students on the Tier 3 attendance list will not be allowed to purchase tickets – grades/attendance data will be pulled on March 9th at 8:00am. Students who attend the show will be excused from class.
- REMINDER – JUNIORS & SENIORS MHS Prom Guest Registration Form: If your student is planning on inviting a guest to the MHS Prom and or CAPE (see requirements), the attached form will need to be completed and returned to Mrs. Chatfield in the Assistant Principal’s Office (Room 12-001) by end of day on March 10, 2020. 2020 MHS Prom Guest Form.pdf Forms are also available in the Assistant Principal’s Office or at the Attendance Center. Requirements: Any student from another school, or a previous graduate under the age of 21, attending as a GUEST will need to complete this form. Current students must be a JUNIOR or a SENIOR in good standing. This form must be returned to the MHS Assistant Principals’ office (needs to be faxed or scanned by the guest’s school–see bottom of page) by the end of the day on March 10, 2020. NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER March 10, 2020.
- TOMORROW! MGSA & Muskies Pitching Clinics will be held on March 7 & 14 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Cost is $25 with proceeds going to the MHS Softball program. See flyer for more details. MGSA & Muskies Pitching Clinics
- TOMORROW! SEIBA District Jazz Festival will take place at Iowa City West High School on Saturday, March 7th.
- 2020 Muscatine County Fair Queen Competition: If you are a young lady between the ages of 16-21 and are interested in participating and representing the Muscatine County Fair this year, please complete and submit the attached application. Applications are due May 1, 2020. 2020 Muscatine County Fair Queen Registration Form
- 2020 Muskie Soccer Parent and Player Meeting Information: Muskie Soccer Parent/Player Meeting.pdf
- MHS Prom will be on April 18 from 8-11pm at The Merrill Hotel. Tickets are $20 each and will be on sale from March 23-April 3 in front of Student Services. Theme is Enchanted Forest. Prom 2020 Info
- FREE PROM dresses, suits/clothing, and shoes are displayed across from the Attendance Center. There is a great selection to choose from! See Mrs. Borde if you have any questions!
- Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (C.A.P.E.) is looking for volunteers and seeking donations to help make this year’s C.A.P.E. a success. This will take place on April 18 starting at 11:30PM until April 19 3:30AM. Please read the letter for more details. 2020 CAPE Parent Letter
- Check Lost & Found at the Attendance Center if you have lost an item such as glasses, coat, hat, gloves/mittens, keys, jewelry, etc.
- Trinity College-Health Care Exploration Camp – July 27-30: Trinity College is holding a summer camp for those interested in pursuing a career in healthcare (must be sixteen years old or older). To apply is free, but there is a $30 fee if selected to fill one of the 20 spots. There are also scholarships available. Students can apply now through April 1st at , with those selected being contacted in early May. If you have questions, please contact Anna Masengarb at [email protected] Trinity College: Health Care Exploration Camp Info
- Juniors: Interested in pursuing a career in Business? 2020 Tippie Gateway Summer Program University of Iowa Opportunity: The Tippie Gateway Program is a six-day residential program for students interested in studying business at Iowa – in the hopes that you will share this information with your students.Tippie Gateway Program Info Tippie Program Info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nswvYPj-bo
- FFA Important Event Dates:
March 14: Districts at L & M
March 26: FFA Banquet
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 6:30am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- McKinley Elementary is looking for volunteers for the McKinley Elementary School Carnival to help run some games on Friday, April 17th from 4:30-7:30PM. If interested, please sign up using this link: https://signup.com/go/GLLEdhR
- TONIGHT! Madison Elementary is looking for students to help with games at their school carnival this Friday evening March 6th from 4:30-7:30. Please email Mrs. Zillig if you are able to help at [email protected]
- TONIGHT! Grant Elementary is needing student volunteers to help with their annual carnival! We are looking for volunteers to help with games, activities, and food on March 6 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Please contact Leslie Bennett at Grant Elementary if you are able to help out! 563-263-7005.
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Spring Sports Information **
- Girls’ Track: There is still time to sign up for girl’s track and field. Get in shape. Get faster for all your sports and have fun with your teammates! Contact Coach Roberts, Coach Flowers, Coach Stoltzfus or Coach Roos.
- Girls’ Golf: Any girls interested in playing golf this spring please contact Mr. Windham by email, [email protected] or stop by Room 23-007 in the Business/Foreign Language wing.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
- Seniors!!!! The local scholarship through the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine portal is open! Don’t lose out on great scholarship opportunities! 2020 Muscatine High School Local Scholarship Information. You can pick up a copy of your transcript in Student Services. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11:59pm.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.