** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
We are continuing to follow CDC and public health COVID-19 guidelines. Wearing a face covering will now be at the discretion of students and their families.
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 x1133 or [email protected]
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information ** 2020-21 Finals Schedule – 2nd Semester 2020-21 Finals Schedule
- Semester Test Reminders:
- Students should remain in their testing rooms until the end of the period, even if they finish their test early.
- Students who are absent, have until 11:45am on Thursday, May 27th to make up their final unless they have made other arrangements with their teacher.
- Students who are in the building, but not testing during a testing period should be instructed to be in the Commons until their class/test starts.
- May 27th: 2-Hour Early Out — Last Day of School!
- 9th, 10th & 11th Grade Semester Finals: May 25th, May, 26 & May 27th. Click on the 2020-21 Finals Schedule link for details. 2020-21 Finals Schedule
- Lunch Service on Testing Days (May 25-27)
Tuesday, May 25
We will be serving breakfast
Tailgaters, Lunch Box & Passport – Open
Taste of Italy & Sub Line – Closed
Wednesday, May 26
We will be serving breakfast
Tailgaters & Passport- Open
Taste Italy, Sub Line & Lunch Box – Closed
Thursday, May 27 (2-Hr Early Dismissal)
All lines are Closed
Cereal will be served for breakfast and sack lunches from 10:00 am to 10:30 am.
Both will be served at the Sub line end of the cafeteria.
- Students: Although classes have ended for Seniors and underclassmen will have Finals next week with open campus during lunch hour, Susan Clark Junior High is still in session and will not be able to have visitors. If you would like to visit a teacher, please contact them about coming after school hours. Thank you!
- Muscatine Waffle & Pancake House invite students to refuel with breakfast or lunch during finals week. Dine in or call in a carry-out order. Located at 303 E. 2nd Street. Phone 563-263-3616. 10% off meal Finals Week with Student ID. Muscatine Waffle & Pancake House Finals Week Offer
- Summer Meal Information: MCSD Summer Meal Information
- Silver Cord Opportunity: From June 28th-July 15th, MCSD will be offering summer school for grades K-6 at McKinley. From 8am-12pm will be academic classes and from 12-3pm will be enrichment activities similar to College For Kids. You can earn up to 40 hours of Silver Cord hours. You can choose to volunteer the whole summer school, half, and if you want to do mornings or afternoon only. If interested or have questions please contact Mr. Kulland in Student Services.
- Lost and Found: Stop at the Attendance Center if you have lost jewelry, wireless headphones, charging cases, water bottles, etc. You will need to provide a description of the item you have lost.
** Athletic/Activities Information **
- Muscatine Summer Youth Volleyball Camp for students entering grades 5th-8th grade – August 12th & 13th from 3:30-5pm at the MHS VanHecke Center. Cost: $40 per camper. Please contact Coach Russell with any questions at [email protected] Registration forms are due July 16th to guarantee a t-shirt. Walk-ins will be accepted however t-shirt is not guaranteed. Muscatine Youth Volleyball Camp Info & Registration Form
- Open mat wrestling workouts available to all MHS students beginning April 1 in the wrestling room from 4-5 pm.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicle Registration Form Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Job Opportunities **
- Muscatine Waffle & Pancake House: If you are 16 or older, we are hiring for the Summer. Drop by and fill out an application at 303 E. 2nd Street.
- The Chore Program at Senior Resources of Muscatine is looking for young adults 16 years of age or older to work or volunteer their time as independent chore contractors providing lawn care this summer for seniors living in Muscatine. This can be a paid or a volunteer position. If anyone is interested you can contact John Bryant at 563-263-7292 or e-mail to [email protected]
- Summer Conservation Jobs with Muscatine County Conservation Board. Must be 18 and have a valid driver license. Summer Conservation Worker Info Muscatine Co. Employment Application
** Scholarships **
- Seniors: The 2021-2022 MCC Foundation Scholarship Deadline has been Extended! The new deadline is July 30, 2021. Apply at www.eicc.edu/scholarships Click on “Apply Online for Muscatine Community College”. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted.
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- From June 28th-July 15th, MCSD will be offering summer school for grades K-6 at McKinley. From 8am-12pm will be academic classes and from 12-3pm will be enrichment activities similar to College For Kids. You can earn up to 40 hours of Silver Cord hours. You can choose to volunteer the whole summer school, half, and if you want to do mornings or afternoon only. If interested or have questions please contact Mr. Kulland in Student Services.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- Yearbook Pickup Information: If you purchased a MHS yearbook, a drive-thru pick-up will take place in early August on two separate dates in the Industrial Tech/AG/Greenhouse parking lot located across from the VanHecke Center. When you drive up, please have your full first & last name and grade written in large letters on a piece of paper to show to the yearbook staff distributing the yearbooks – this allows for the line to move quickly. Once a printing and shipping date is confirmed by the printing plant, more details with exact dates and times will follow in a District-Wide Communication and this Google Doc will be updated. Yearbook Distribution // Pickup
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.