MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc. Activities / Athletic Website
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
The MHS Drama Department will present MISS HOLMES by C.M. Walsh, on Friday, November 8th and Saturday, November 9th at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium at MHS.
An anonymous note – a frightened young woman – a police inspector who wives have a habit of turning up dead…. Inspired by the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, this theatrical fan-fiction re-examines the world of Holmes and Watson, exploring the added challenges and risks faced by these two iconic characters if they were women. Come prepared for a true murder-mystery, with plenty of humor thrown in! Tickets will be sold at the door, day of the show, with box-office open at 6:15 pm. All seats are $6. Activity passes and MCSD partner passes will be accepted. For more information, visit www.muskiedrama.wordpress.com
** Daily News & Information **
- Senior Resources is looking for dependable, hardworking Chore Workers* to provide Snow removal services for Seniors in our community. Positions open immediately. $10 per hour!! Workers must be 16 years or older to apply and must be able to pass a background check & have their own equipment. Applications can be picked up at 1808 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine for more information, call: Mayra Garcia or Laura Vargas (563) 263-7292.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- The former Muscatine girls basketball players that played for Coach Jeff Tank have established a scholarship in his honor. For anyone wanting to contribute to the scholarship as a way to honor Coach Jeff Tank, here is some additional information on how you can donate:
- All checks are to be made out to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine and in the memo line of the check write “Jeff Tank MHS Girls Basketball Memorial Scholarship Fund”.
- Checks can be mailed to their office at 208 W. Second Street, Ste. 213, Muscatine, IA 52761.
- Donors can visit the website at www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org and donate to the Fund online.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity – See Silver Cord section below.
- TONIGHT! Fall Bash Dance: Friday, November 1 from 8-10pm in the MHS Cafeteria. $5 admission at the door. Current MHS Student ID is required. Fall Bash Info
- Girls’ Soccer Interest Meeting: If you were unable to attend the meeting, please email Mrs. Calderón at [email protected] Indoor Soccer League Sign Up
- Blood Drive – There are still a couple of openings! Key Club is hosting a MVRBC Blood Drive on Monday, November 4th in the main gym from 7:00am -2:00pm. Contact Jen Keltner in the library or at [email protected] if you would like to sign up.
- DUE TODAY! All MHS Boys! Remember, Canball sign up forms and payment are due to Ms. Heimerdinger’s room by November 1st! Forms are available for pickup in attendance. The volleyball tournament will be held after school at 4pm in the gym on Thursday, November 7th. Note: In order to participate, all team members must have updated physical and concussion forms by November 1st! Please contact Mrs. Walsh with any questions.
- Boys’ Soccer Interest Meeting: Students interested in boys’ soccer that were unable to attend the meeting, please email Mrs. Calderón at [email protected]. Indoor Soccer League Sign Up
- TEDx Youth; the locally organized public speaking forum has announced an “All Call” for speakers. Young people age 15-24 are encouraged to apply. This is a forum for sharing ideas. If you know a student or young adult that has an Idea Worth Sharing, please encourage them to apply at www.tedxdavenport.com/speak-at-tedx. TEDx Youth Flyer
- BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Any boys interested in trying out for basketball this winter should email Coach Windham [email protected] or stop by his classroom (23-007) to signup. Tryouts begin Monday, November 18th. Go Muskies!!!
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales will run through November 21st. See any Agriculture Student or contact an Agriculture Teacher at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. FFA Order Form
- Students interested in Police Mentoring at Jefferson Elementary should see Officer Pena at MHS (Rm 11-003). Students would assist with reading with students, flashcards, math work, etc. Must have own transportation to and from MHS to Jefferson.
- Lifetouch Picture Orders: If you would like to place an order from Sept. 9th picture day, your student will need to pick up their proofs across from the Attendance Center. There is order information on the proof sheet.
- Softball Parent Meeting will be held on Monday, November 11 from 7 – 8:30pm in the MHS Commons.
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- There is a designated walkway in front of MHS by the construction area. If walking in this area, please walk between the orange cones with caution tape and the fence.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Holiday Stroll Seeking 4-6 Volunteers: The Holiday Stroll is December 6 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.
Duties will include:
- Set out no parking signs in the afternoon the day before (Thursday, December 5)
- Put up street barricades in the afternoon before the event (Friday, December 6)
- Make sure trash cans are emptied during and at the end of the event
- Take down barricades and signs at the end of the event.
Total time: about 4 hours. If interested, please contact Kayla Brix at 263.0521.
- 10 volunteers are needed on Sunday, December 1st from 4 – 6 p.m. to help package diapers gathered from the Community Diaper Drive. If interested or for more information, contact Pat Mundell at 263-7827 by November 18th.
- Madison School is looking for volunteers to work with students during our Family STEM night on Nov.12th from 5-7pm? Email [email protected] if you would like to volunteer.
- Jefferson Elementary is looking for French speaking high school students to assist with a new Jefferson student who only speaks French. Must have own transportation. For more information, please contact Rhonda Franklin at [email protected]
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- The Muscatine HS baseball program is doing a fundraiser that is a bit “out of the box”. On November 10th, the VanHecke Center will turn into a mattress store and the baseball program will get a portion of each sale. These mattresses are from some of the top companies and include full warranties and satisfaction guaranteed. The prices are already low, however; we are giving members of staff and additional 10% off. They will also have pillows, sheets, frames and pretty much anything you can think of. Come check it out – November 10th from 10 AM- 5 PM at the VanHecke Center. MHS Faculty Flyer.pdf
For more information check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOw8F_qrlo
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.