** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Opportunity for Latino and Hispanic HS Students – 10th & 11th Grade Students:
R2L® NextGen is a week-long leadership and civic engagement program for current high school sophomores and juniors. Through the program, CHCI brings groups of Latino high school students to D.C. to learn about how the Federal Government works, meet Latino leaders across industries, visit historic monuments, and develop a deeper understanding of how they can create positive change in their communities.
CHCI is excited to announce that we will host three classes of R2L®NextGen participants in 2021!
The in-person programs will take place June 13-18, June 27-July 2, and July 18-23, 2021*
*Pending confirmation of congressional calendar and COVID-19 safety guidelines
R2L® NextGen is now open to any high school sophomore or junior in the country. For the first time, CHCI is accepting applications from high school sophomores and juniors in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Application Deadline: February 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
For more information about CHCI’s R2L NextGen program, please contact [email protected].
NOTE: The program is completely FREE of charge to all student participants – including travel to and from DC. Travel, lodging, meals, and activities will be covered through the support of State Farm®, Founding Sponsor of the R2L® NextGen Program, Bristol Myers Squibb, the U.S. Air Force, other national and regional partners, and CHCI.
- November 25: NO SCHOOL – Non-contract day
- November 26: NO SCHOOL – Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 27: NO SCHOOL – Non-contract day
- November 30: Remote Learning Resumes – Hybrid A Day!
- MHS Students: Teachers are available from 1:30- 3:00PM Monday through Friday (on regularly scheduled weeks) for individual Google Meets. Please email your teacher if interested!
- If your student is having issues with their district-issued laptop connecting to the internet, Google Meets, Google Classroom, TeamBuildr, etc., please call 563-263-6141 and you will be connected to the MHS Tech Dept. or email MHS Tech Dept. at Jose or Korey with your computer issue.For students without internet access, the district has a limited number of hotspots that can be loaned out at no cost to the students. Please call the help desk at (563) 770-0212 for hotspot availability or, email [email protected]
- Meal Pick-Up Program: Meal Program: ALL children under 18 may have a parent, guardian or designee (such as an older sibling) pick up free breakfast and lunch.
Weekly Meal Pick-up: At the former Central Middle School, meals can be picked up for a full week. Parents who are not signed up for meal pick up at Central will need to complete the survey listed below for free meals.
Click here to sign up for weekly meal pick up > > > Meal Survey Daily free meals will be served at the following schools from 11am – 12:30pm:
Franklin Elementary – meals served at main entrance
Jefferson Elementary – meals served at the main entrance
Madison Elementary – meals served at the main office entranceDaily free meals will be served at the following Mobile Home Parks:
M & W – look for MCSD vehicle throughout park 11:15am – 11:45am
Ripley’s – look for MCSD vehicle throughout park 12:00pm – 12:30pm
Daily Meals include – Breakfast for the next day & lunch for the same day.
Please Note: Meals will not be served on Wednesday, 11/25, Thursday, 11/26, and Friday, 11/27. If you have any questions regarding the meal program please email; [email protected]
- Muscatine FFA Weekly – Nov. 23-29, 2020: FFA Weekly
- Check out the ** Sports Information** section below for all winter sports information!
- Check out the ** Fundraising ** section below for fundraisers currently happening!
- Muskie Booster Nut House is Open! It is located at the old library (304 Iowa Ave) and is open on Tuesdays from 6 PM to 7:30 PM and Saturdays 10 AM to Noon. Masks are required at all times and we will provide a mask at the door if a visitor doesn’t have one. There is a price sheet for the items we carry in our stock as well as these times listed here: Muskie Bands Nut List
- Due Nov. 29th! FFA T-Shirt Link: FFA T-Shirt Store Store closes November 29th at 11:59pm.
- The MHS Library is still offering our BookDash service!! Any student who needs (or wants) more books to read during virtual learning can complete the BookDash order form. * More information is available on the MHS Library website or the linked flyer. Curbside pick up is recommended!
*All visitors entering MHS must use the front doors and masks are required. Books must be picked up within one week of the ‘ready email’. Email Mrs. Keltner at [email protected] with questions!
- Appointments must be made with a staff member for meetings, etc. prior to entering MHS.
- School Photo Pick-up: If you ordered photos from the Sept. 28 Picture Day, you can pick them up by arranging a pick up time. Please call 563-263-6141 or email Allie Meineke or Kris Meeker. Curbside pickup is available from 8am-3:30pm.
- The Bonnie Street gate will be closed until December 7th. Please use the Houser or Cedar Street entrances.
- MCSD Announcement; Virtual Learning until Dec. 7 for all MCSD Schools. MHS is using the 2-Hour Early Out Schedule for Hybrid students.
- ALL practices and events at MHS have been suspended until Monday, December 7.
- New Scholarships Added! Scholarship Link
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available on the MHS Main Entrance door. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and place in the envelope on the Main Entrance door along with a contact # so you can be notified when to pick up. It will be placed back in the envelope on the Main Entrance door for you to pick up.
- MCC Spring Semester Schedule: The Class Schedule for Spring 2021 at Muscatine Community College is now available. If you would like to discuss courses for second semester, please stop in Student Services to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Hawkins or email [email protected] or [email protected] to schedule a Google Meet.
- ACT Academy Test Prep: All students have free access to the ACT Academy test prep online. The link below includes the instructions for log in whether you have or have not logged in in the past. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins with any questions. ACT Academy Test Prep
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- ALL practices and events at MHS have been suspended until Monday, December 7.
- New Spectator Guidelines for MHS Home events: Spectator Guidelines for MHS Home Events
Game Day Tickets will now be required for MHS Home events.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Yearbook Information **
- FINAL DATE TO ORDER IS FEB. 25, 2021! 2020-21 Yearbooks Orders: $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made at the MHS Attendance Center, online using InTouch, or by mail. Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 yearbook, you can pick it up at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
- Seniors: Iowa College Aid is offering a few programs to help fund your college experience.
The links to these programs can be found at:
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- The Food & Nutrition Department is providing a free meal pick up service at Central Middle School on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for families in our community. We need help packing meals and carrying boxes and bags to cars. Please email [email protected] for details.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Fundraisers **
- POSTPONED – NO RESCHEDULE DATE SET: 2nd Annual Muscatine High School Baseball Mattress Fundraiser
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.