MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc. Activities / Athletic Website
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling Meeting: There will be an informational meeting for boys’ and girls’ bowling on October 31st at 3:30 PM in the Cafeteria.
- New Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord section below.
- TONIGHT! Parent – Teacher Conference Walk-in, Oct. 24th, from 1:45-3:45pm.
- The “What You Don’t See” mobile trailer will be at MHS on Oct. 24 during conference times. What You Don’t See is a mobile training trailer designed to simulate a “typical” teenagers bedroom, complete with all the paraphernalia and imagery someone might expect to see, but not necessarily understand from today’s youth. In the room, attendees will learn the meanings of signs, symbols & clothing, common hiding spots and other things related to drug culture. Must be 18 or older to tour the trailer. Local Resources will be available. What-you-dont-see-event-flyer.pdf
- 2-hr Early Out – Thursday, Oct. 24
- NO SCHOOL – Friday, Oct. 25 (Conference Comp Day)
- NO SCHOOL – Monday, Oct. 28 (Teacher Inservice Day)
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below. (January)
- Students interested in Police Mentoring at Jefferson Elementary should see Officer Pena at MHS (Rm 11-003). Students would assist with reading with students, flashcards, math work, etc. Must have own transportation to and from MHS to Jefferson.
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales will run through November 21st. See any Agriculture Student or contact an Agriculture Teacher at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. FFA Order Form
- Senior Night this Friday night in between the Soph and Varsity Football Games.
Seniors from Football, Band, Color Guard, Cross Country, Cheer and Pom will be recognized.
- All MHS Boys! Remember, Canball sign up forms and payment are due to Ms. Heimerdinger’s room by November 1st! Forms are available for pickup in attendance. The volleyball tournament will be held after school at 4pm in the gym on Thursday, November 7th. Note: In order to participate, all team members must have updated physical and concussion forms by November 1st! Please contact Mrs. Walsh with any questions.
- Senior Boys: If you are interested in participating in Mr. Muscatine this year, forms are now available for pickup at the Attendance Center. Completed forms are due to Ms. Heimerdinger (11-028) by October 24th. Make sure to get yours turned in soon!
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): There will be NO Wednesday FCA this week. We will resume our regular session next week on Wednesday October 30th in the auditorium.
- Girls’ Basketball: There will be NO open gym on Thursday due to conferences.
- Wrestling: All students interested in wrestling need to email Coach Kane [email protected] or stop by his classroom (room 12-015) to sign up.
Practice begins Monday, November 18th.
- New Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord section below.
- Parent – Teacher Conference Walk-in tonight, Oct. 21st, from 4:00-7:15pm.
- Student pictures can be picked up in Student Services. Stop in during conference to pick them up! Proofs can be picked up outside the principal’s office.
- Lifetouch Picture Orders: If you would like to place an order from picture day, your student will need to pick up their proofs in Student Services. There is order information on the proof sheet.
- Picture Day is Oct. 30th starting at 7AM in the MHS Gym. Picture order forms are available at the Attendance Center or Lifetouch Picture Info – Oct. 30
- Fall Bash Dance: Friday, November 1 from 8-10pm in the MHS Cafeteria. $5 admission at the door. MHS Student ID is required. Fall Bash Info
- Softball Parent Meeting will be held on Monday, November 11 from 7 – 8:30pm.
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 7:15am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- There is a designated walkway in front of MHS by the construction area. If walking in this area, please walk between the orange cones with caution tape and the fence.
- FFA Apparel for Sale: Sales are open during the whole month of October. If you do not have access to the website please talk to your Ag Teacher. https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsusa_muscatine_ffa
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- 10 volunteers are needed on Sunday, December 1st from 4 – 6 p.m. to help package diapers gathered from the Community Diaper Drive. If interested or for more information, contact Pat Mundell at 263-7827 by November 18th.Madison School is looking for volunteers to work with students during our Family STEM night on Nov.12th from 5-7pm? Email [email protected] if you would like to volunteer.
- Jefferson Elementary is looking for French speaking high school students to assist with a new Jefferson student who only speaks French. For more information, please contact Rhonda Franklin at [email protected]
- The Muscatine Arboretum Committee is looking for 2 or 3 students who could work for a couple of hours to assist in spreading mulch around the bases of trees in the Arboretum. (We have equipment to load and deliver mulch, but we need people to spread it once it is delivered to each tree.) Students interested, please contact Kathleen Green at [email protected] or 563-299-9245.
- The YMCA is looking for high school students interested in teaching the game of basketball to youth and help running scoreboard. Volunteers are able to get four hours every Saturday morning from 8:30-12:30 starting October 26th. Contact Brandon VanZandt at 563-263-9996 or [email protected] for more information.
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- The Muscatine HS baseball program is doing a fundraiser that is a bit “out of the box”. On November 10th, the VanHecke Center will turn into a mattress store and the baseball program will get a portion of each sale. These mattresses are from some of the top companies and include full warranties and satisfaction guaranteed. The prices are already low, however; we are giving members of staff and additional 10% off. They will also have pillows, sheets, frames and pretty much anything you can think of. Come check it out – November 10th from 10 AM- 5 PM at the VanHecke Center. MHS Faculty Flyer.pdf
For more information check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOw8F_qrlo
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.