** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- MHS Wrestling Open Mat Workouts: Open mat workouts will be held in the MHS wrestling room and are available to all MHS students beginning Monday, Sept 14. Open mat workouts will be on Monday & Wed. evenings from 7:00-8:00 pm.
- Homecoming Festivities:
- Sunday, September 13th @ 4:00 PM: Senior March will take place on the MHS track. Students will walk around the track (with masks and distanced) and then have a picnic “lunch.” They will also be creating their senior wall at this time. (Email was sent to students to RSVP by Sept. 8 for lunch.) For those that RSVP’d for lunch, there is a $5 admission fee at the gate to cover the cost of Subway lunch. For those unable to participate in Senior Wall, plans are in the works for an alternate date/time.
- Monday, September 14th @ 7:00 PM: Junior and Senior girls will be competing in their annual Powder Puff Football Game. It will take place on the Turf Practice Field. Seating will be limited on the bleachers, so please bring a blanket or lawn chair. Spectators will be allowed with social distancing and masks required. The cost will be $3 at the gate.
- Thursday, September 17th @ 6:00 PM- The annual Homecoming Parade will go from Grant Elementary to MHS. There will be NO candy thrown and the spectators are required to social distance.
- Thursday, September 17th @ 7:00 PM: The 2020 Coronation Ceremony will be held on the
MHS Football Field (if weather permits). Spectators are allowed but will need to be socially distanced and wearing masks when not spaced or moving around. We will be crowning our homecoming King & Queen at this time.
- Friday, September 18th: Sophomore Football Game @ 5pm vs Dav. West, Varsity Football Game @ 7:15pm. Game Day Ticket Required.
- Visiting teams will be issued 2 Game Day tickets for each rostered player and coach; A Game Day ticket allows a spectator to purchase admission to the night’s game.
- Muscatine: Each Muscatine rostered football player will receive 3 Game Day tickets. Each Cheerleader, Pom Squad member and Marching Band/Flag Corp member will receive 2 Game Day tickets. A Game Day ticket allows a spectator to purchase admission to the night’s game. Game Day tickets may be given to family members or friends.
- Game Day ticket + Admission = Entry ($6 Adult) ($5 Student) (Game Day ticket + Activity/Senior/Golden Pass) = Entry
- Masks and social distancing are required.
- Info from PV for Friday night’s Football games:
Spectators: Spectators are expected to follow all signage inside and outside of Spartan Stadium.
Muscatine is allowed two Muscatine issued gate passes for each rostered player and each contracted coach.
Gate pass + Admission ($6) = entry
Any type of pass (MAC/Lifetime) without a gate pass will not gain entry. Gates open: 4:15pm
Face coverings/masks: Face coverings/masks are required to enter Spartan Stadium and are expected to stay on for the duration of the contest.
Seating: Stadium seats have been marked for social distancing. There is limited green space – bag chairs, blankets are welcome to help with social distancing.
Concessions: Concessions will be available – prepackaged food, bottled drinks, and a limited number of sandwiches from Chick-fil-A
- Juniors & Sophomores: The PSAT will be given at 8am on Wednesday, October 14th at the MCSD Administration Office. Juniors interested in participating in the National Merit Scholarship Program must take the PSAT in order to be eligible. The cost of the exam is $17 made payable to Muscatine High School at the MHS Attendance Center. After you have registered, Student Services will notify you of a time to come and pick up your PSAT study guide There are forty (40) tests available to juniors and ten (10) available for sophomores who wish to take it as practice. The test spots will be reserved on a first-come, first-served (with payment) basis. Please contact Mr. Mauck in Student Services with any questions.
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- ACT Academy Test Prep: All students have free access to the ACT Academy test prep online. The link below includes the instructions for log in whether you have or have not logged in in the past. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins with any questions. ACT Academy Test Prep
- Muskie FFA Weekly Update: FFA Weekly Update.pdf
- Muskie FFA Sweet Corn For Sale: See flyer for details! Muskie FFA Sweet Corn Flyer
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 MHS Yearbook and did not pick it up, please stop by the Attendance office before school, passing time, or after school until 3:45pm.
- Student IDs: If you have not received your student ID by Thursday, September 10th, please see Mrs. Meeker or Mrs. Meineke in Student Services. If you purchased an activity pass and do not have your id stamped with an “M” please bring a copy of your receipt along with your id to student services.
- This year’s Homecoming theme is “Dancing through the Decades”! Spirit week will be split into two weeks this year to give every student the opportunity to participate in the dress up days. The dress up days are as follows:
- September 14th/15th: 90’s Fashion
- September 16th/17th: The 2000’s
- Friday September 18th: Vintage Muskie Spirit Day
- Congratulations to your homecoming court for the 20-21 school year:
- Timothy Nimely & Veyda Matos
- Trevor Diedrichs & Sophia Emmert
- Maria Villatoro & Elisha Gaye
- Hallie Hanssen & Togeh Deseh
- Kaylynn Salyars & Joshua Thomas
- On Wednesday, September 23rd, the Iowa College Access Network will be hosting a virtual financial aid informational meeting for MHS seniors and parents starting at 7:00 pm.
Families should use the link provided to join the meeting.
Muscatine High School: Financial Aid Meeting Link
Please contact Mrs. Hawkins at [email protected] with any questions.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
- LifeTouch Picture Day will be on September 28 & 29 in the MHS Main Gym. Virtual Learners (full time only) can get their picture taken on either day from 7:00AM-9:30AM. Cohort A students will get their picture taken on September 28 after 9:45AM. Cohort B students will get their picture taken on September 29 after 9:45AM.
LifeTouch Order forms can be picked up at the Attendance Center, Lifetouch Order Form, or you can order now on mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: EVTNSHPGQ.
Lifetouch COVID Photography Protocol
- Parking Tags/Vehicle Registration Form: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete the Vehicle Registration Form available in the Student Services office. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office. Parking Tags should be displayed on the rearview mirror of your vehicle.
- Handicap Parking Placards: If you have a handicap parking placard, please display it on your rearview mirror. Thank you!
- MHS Attendance can be contacted at 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours.
- Student Fees: Student Fee Structure FY 20-21 Fees can be paid online via PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting, by mailing a check to MHS, or by paying in-person at the MHS Attendance Center from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- Library: The library is open for regular checkout! Come visit us from 7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. In addition to regular checkout, we are also offering BookDash: Book Delivery & Takeout for students who aren’t comfortable browsing the library or for our 100% virtual learning students. Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
Also, any student who still has a library book, textbook, or classroom novel checked out from last year needs to return it to the library asap. We would love to have our books back!
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify.Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!
to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- Please check back later for available Scholarships.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.