** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Silver Cord Opportunity: The food pantry at MCSA is looking for 2-3 volunteers to help unload the truck on Thursday, September 3rd at 10:00 am. This will take approximately one hour. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins if you are able to volunteer.
- Support your MHS athlete in their chosen sport by placing an ad in the MHS Sport program. Details and order form are at: https://bit.ly/2EDytT3
- Information for Friday night’s football game at Clear Creek Amana:
- Fans will not be admitted without a Game Day ticket.
- Muskie football players will each be issued 4 Game Day tickets per CC-A’s Guidelines.
- A Game Day ticket will allow a fan to purchase admission.
- If you do not have a Game Day ticket you will not be able to enter the Stadium.
- LifeTouch Picture Day will be on September 28 & 29 in the MHS Main Gym. Virtual Learners (full time only) can get their picture taken on either day from 7:00AM-9:30AM. Cohort A students will get their picture taken on September 28 after 9:45AM. Cohort B students will get their picture taken on September 29 after 9:45AM.
LifeTouch Order forms can be picked up at the Attendance Center, Lifetouch Order Form, or you can order now on mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: EVTNSHPGQ.
Lifetouch COVID Photography Protocol
- Thursday, Sept. 3rd, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Friday, Sept. 4th, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Monday, September 7th: NO SCHOOL in observance of Labor Day.
- Tuesday, Sept. 8th, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Parking Tags/Vehicle Registration Form: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete the Vehicle Registration Form available in the Student Services office. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office. Parking Tags should be displayed on the rearview mirror of your vehicle.
- Handicap Parking Placards: If you have a handicap parking placard, please display it on your rearview mirror. Thank you!
- Muskie FFA Weekly Update! FFA Weekly Update.pdf
- Muskie FFA Sweet Corn For Sale: See flyer for details! Muskie FFA Sweet Corn Flyer
- MHS Attendance can be contacted at 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours.
- Student Fees: Student Fee Structure FY 20-21 Fees can be paid online via PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting, by mailing a check to MHS, or by paying in-person at the MHS Attendance Center from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- Virtual Learning Students: Please check with your teachers if there are textbooks, novels, handouts that you need to pick up for your virtual learning classes. You can pick up the materials at the MHS Attendance Office from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 MHS Yearbook and did not pick it up, please stop by the Attendance office before school, passing time, or after school until 3:45pm.
- There is still time to join the Girls’ Cross Country team. Please email Coach Roberts at [email protected].
- If you were on the Girls’ Track and Field team last spring, please turn in any uniforms or equipment you might have to Mrs. Stoltzfus in Room 11-002.
- Library: The library is open for regular checkout! Come visit us from 7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. In addition to regular checkout, we are also offering BookDash: Book Delivery & Takeout for students who aren’t comfortable browsing the library or for our 100% virtual learning students. Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
Also, any student who still has a library book, textbook, or classroom novel checked out from last year needs to return it to the library asap. We would love to have our books back!
- MHS DRAMA – Fall Play Auditions! The MHS Fall Play is Leaving Iowa, a comedy about family vacations. Auditions will be held on September 1 & 2 in the auditorium. Visit our website at https://muskiedrama.wordpress.com/current-auditions/ to access the audition packet with instructions on how to sign up for an audition time and what is required.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Mauck – [email protected]
- The Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons Clubs will have meetings for students interested in participating on Tuesday 9/1/20 and Wednesday 9/2/20 at the beginning of both lunch segments on each day in Ben Johns’s office (21-031, the glass office upstairs in the Language Arts wing). We will discuss what days will work best for club meetings. No matter what, these meetings will take place after school in the Commons. See Ben Johns or Tyler Wilson if you have any questions.
- Attention MHS Parents: The CAPE Committee is looking for the following chair positions to be filled for 2021: Chair(s), Large Prizes, Publicity, Food.
CAPE is fully staffed by parent volunteers. If we don’t have volunteers, we won’t have CAPE! Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Bus Drop Off and Pick-up at MHS: Students riding buses will enter through the Commons entrance and buses will pick up by the “Muskie M” across from the Cedar St. parking lot.
- Students should arrive between 7:45 and 8:15 AM, ready to begin their day. Approved areas prior to school starting are the Commons, Cafeteria or Library. The school day will officially begin at 8:20 AM and conclude at 3:30PM. A_B Hybrid Calendar
- MHS Entrances: Students will only be able to enter Muscatine High School using the “Muskie M” entrance, located across from the Cedar Street Parking Lot, or the Commons entrance. Both these entrances will open at 7:45am. The Swimming Entrance/Pool Entrance #1, across from the Bonnie Street Parking Lot, will open at 7:15am. Students entering after 8:30am will need to enter through the Main Entrance and check in at the Attendance Center.
- Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
- Masks must be worn entering Muscatine High School, in the hallways, into classrooms and where not socially distanced at least 6 feet apart.
- Food Services Information: All students & staff must have money in their accounts at lunchtime. Purchases cannot be made with cash/checks. Parents may deposit money online through PowerSchool accounts or through MySchoolBucks accounts. Students & Staff may deposit money/checks in the main cafeteria from 7:30 am until the late bell for 1st hour. After the late bell, all money/checks must be taken to the attendance office to be deposited through InTouch.
All students must have an ID card to scan for using their meal accounts.
Students may bring packed meals from home. All components of the meal will need to remain in the student’s backpack until mealtime. Public microwaves will not be available for heating items. Silverware and napkins will only be available for purchases. For food safety, we highly recommend placing a cold/hot pack in lunch boxes or bags to maintain temperature until items will be eaten. Home meals may not be shared with others.
- This is a reminder that the road in front of MHS is a one-way road with exits to Houser St. and to Mulberry Avenue via the Bonnie Street parking lot.
- MHS Announcements will be sent out each morning to all students and are posted on the MHS Homepage under ‘Latest Announcements’. Students are advised to read these as there is important information so they don’t miss out on meetings, activities, etc. Students can also check the TVs throughout MHS for important information. You can register to receive daily announcements on the MHS Home Page under ‘Stay Informed’.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Forms **
- Transcripts: Please fill out the Transcript Request Form (or include all the information requested on the form) and email [email protected]
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify.Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!
to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- Please check back later for available Scholarships.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.