MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc. Activities / Athletic Website
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Seniors: If you did not go on the Senior March and still want to put your handprint on the senior wall, please stop by the wall this Friday, the 27th during lunch. You will have the opportunity to put your handprint and signature on the wall at that time. Please make sure to bring your ID.
- Seniors: If you are interested in applying to any one of the United States Military Academies now is the time to complete the nomination packet. The deadline for applications is October 31st. If you have questions see Mrs. Hawkins or Ms. Beran.
- Girls’ Basketball: Open gym on Monday will be in the Van Hecke Center from 6:00-7:00pm. Thursday open gym will be at MHS from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): We will meet on Wednesday during Enrichment in the Study Hall room (22-001). Sign up in Adaptive Scheduler. All are welcome to attend!
- Sophomores: On September 25th, Jostens will be presenting class ring information in the auditorium during Muskie Time for all sophomores. Students should report to their muskie time teacher for attendance and then report to the auditorium with their muskie time class.
- Seniors: On September 25th, Jostens will be taking graduation orders during lunch time in front of Student Services. If you did not receive a graduation item packet, you can pick one up in Student Services.
- Art Club will meet on Mondays during Muskie Time. Please sign up in adaptive scheduler under Mr. Slattery.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Lifetouch Picture Orders: If you would like to place an order from picture day on Sept. 9th, go to https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ . Picture Day ID is BN309002Q0.
Picture retake day is October 30th starting at 7am in the gym.
- New Scholarships added: See Scholarship section below. (June)
- Seniors: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an important application that prospective college students must complete to qualify for state and federal financial aid.
- FAFSA Completion Night FAFSA Flyer FAFSA Checklist
- Date & Time: Tuesday, October 8th 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Location: Student Services
To schedule an appointment call the Student Services Office at 563-263-6141 Etx. 1119 or email. Appointments will be 30 minutes long starting at 3:30pm.
[email protected] or [email protected]
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria.
Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Sandwiches, Muffins, Fruit, Cookies, Cheese Sticks, PBJs, Breakfast Bars, Chips, Propel, flavored “slushies”, Water
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- The Muscatine Dance Team are selling Muskie M’s to be painted on driveways!
New “M’s” are $30 and Touch Ups are $25! Contact a pom girl or Coach Ali Failor at [email protected]
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- The Nature Conservancy is looking for a few volunteers to help with our Swamp Stomp event this Sunday, Sept. 22nd at Ardon Creek Winery. We would love some help in our activities tent with things like pumpkin painting. If interested, students can email me at [email protected] or call my cell phone at 563-299-6509. https://z-m-www.facebook.com/events/482444672324881/
- The Muskie Early Learning Center is looking for student volunteers to help with our Community Open House on September 19th from 4:30-6:30pm. If you are interested please contact Jessi Freers at [email protected]
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Fundraisers **
- The Muskie Volleyball merchandise store is open for orders! A portion of the proceeds from the sale of merchandise will go back to the volleyball program to support the purchase of equipment, tournaments and team camps to continue to grow the program. Products will be completed and ready for distribution to the players and their families on (or around) 10/1. Orders can be placed online until 9/19! http://mhsvb.team-locker.com
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.