** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- Make-up Picture Day is Tuesday, November 10th for all students — Virtual and Hybrid.
If you forgot to order pictures, you can order at mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: EVTNSHPGQ. Lifetouch Order Form
- New Scholarship Added: Scholarship Link
- Students: Game Day tickets will be required for the Student Section for Friday night’s Football games vs Bettendorf. A separate email will be sent out on Wed. afternoon in regards to picking up Game Day tickets. If you plan on attending, please make sure that you have requested a ticket by filling out the Google Form emailed by Mr. Ulses for Friday night.
- Senior Night will be celebrated on Friday, Oct. 2nd between the Soph. and Varsity football games for the following groups: Marching Band, Boys’ Cross Country, and Girls’ Cross Country. Senior Night will also be celebrated for Pom and Fall Cheer at Halftime of the Varsity football game on Oct. 2nd.
- Senior Students & Families: MHS and the Iowa College Access Network will be hosting a FAFSA Completion event on Monday, October 12th from 3-7:00 pm in the Student Services Office. If you would like to schedule an appointment to receive assistance filing your FAFSA, please call 263-6141 ext. 1120.
- 10th Grade Students: Jostens will be present Class Ring information on Monday, Oct. 5, and Tuesday, Oct. 6 during Muskie Time in the Auditorium. The information will also be emailed to all 10th grade students and their families on Oct. 6th.
- 12th Grade Students: Jostens will present Graduation item information on Wed., Oct. 7, and Thursday, Oct. 8 during Muskie Time in the Auditorium. The information will also be emailed to all 12th grade students and their families on Oct. 8th.
- FFA Weekly Update – Sept. 28-Oct. 4 FFA Weekly Update.pdf
- Senior Reserved Parking Spots: MHS senior student drivers will have the opportunity to paint/personalize a parking space on campus within “Senior Row!” The paint/personalized parking spaces will be $35 and the parking spot will be theirs during school hours. The parking spots are limited to Seniors only and on a first come, first serve basis and can be reserved in either the Bonnie Street or Cedar Street Parking Lot. Checks can be made out to Muscatine High School (in memo write Yearbook). Deadline to submit applications is October 7.
- Juniors & Sophomores: The PSAT will be given at 8am on Wednesday, October 14th at the MCSD Administration Office. Juniors interested in participating in the National Merit Scholarship Program must take the PSAT in order to be eligible. The cost of the exam is $17 made payable to Muscatine High School at the MHS Attendance Center. After you have registered, Student Services will notify you of a time to come and pick up your PSAT study guide There are forty (40) tests available to juniors and ten (10) available for sophomores who wish to take it as practice. The test spots will be reserved on a first-come, first-served (with payment) basis. Please contact Mr. Mauck in Student Services with any questions.
- All students who were in choir at MHS last year need to make sure to turn in any music they may have held onto during quarantine. Please bring it to either Mr. Ryan (13-031) or Mrs. Burford (13-027) as soon as possible so we can get everything catalogued and filed. Thank you!
- Order your 2020-21 Yearbook! Final Date to Order: Friday, February 25th, 2021, $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made online using InTouch, MHS Attendance Center, or by mail.
Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Seniors: Temp Associates is currently looking to place students into the Work Based Learning Program, particularly in the area of engineering. If you have free time in your daily schedule and would like more information, please contact Mrs. Hawkins or Mr. Kitzmann. Work Based Learning Program Application
- Senior Pictures for the Yearbook & Baby Ads for Grads – see Yearbook Information section below.
- Scholarships: Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
- Seniors: Iowa College Aid is offering a few programs to help fund your college experience.
The links to these programs can be found at:
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- ACT Academy Test Prep: All students have free access to the ACT Academy test prep online. The link below includes the instructions for log in whether you have or have not logged in in the past. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins with any questions. ACT Academy Test Prep
- Student Fees: Student Fee Structure FY 20-21 Fees can be paid online via PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting, by mailing a check to MHS, or by paying in-person at the MHS Attendance Center from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Yearbook Information **
- 2020-21 Yearbooks Orders: Final Date to Order: Friday, February 25th, 2021, $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made at the MHS Attendance Center, online using InTouch, or by mail. Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Senior Pictures for the Yearbook – Due Friday, November 13th, 2020
Senior pictures will only be accepted by submitting them to the Josten’s website.
If your photographer wants to submit your picture for you, it is up to you to talk to the photographer and tell them the process. Photos received after this date cannot be guaranteed a place in the Yearbook. If a senior picture is not provided, the school picture will be used.
To submit your picture, follow these steps:
Go to www.images.jostens.com
The user id is: 415484025
Choose the file you want to upload, it needs to be a jif or jpeg format.
You then need to enter your email, your full first name and last name then save.
Complete details: Senior Yearbook Picture Information
- Baby Ads for Grads (childhood picture information) – Due Friday, October 30th, 2020.
Honor your senior with a Baby Ad for Grad (an Auroran tradition!). Each ad is $35.
You are not limited to one ad. NO Baby Ads will be accepted after the date above.
Complete details on page 2: Baby Ads for Grads Information
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 yearbook, you can pick it up at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- New Spectator Guidelines for MHS Home events: Spectator Guidelines for MHS Home Events
Game Day Tickets will now be required for MHS Home events.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!
to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS!
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.