MUSCATINE, Iowa – Muscatine County Treasurer Amy Zybarth says, “Governor Reynolds’ Proclamation of Disaster Emergency signed on July 24th impacts many of the services provided at the County Treasurer’s office.
· The proclamation sections related to property taxes were extended through Friday, July 31, 2020.
· The sections related to motor vehicle renewals and title transfers and temporary plates were not extended and expired on July 27, 2020 at midnight.”
What You Need To Know:
· Pay property taxes that were due in March by July 31, 2020 to avoid penalties. Send checks to Muscatine County Treasurer; 414 E 3rd St., Muscatine, IA 52761; pay online at https://www.iowatreasurers.org; put payment in drop box located in front of the Admin building or pay by phone at 563-263-6764.
· If you purchased a vehicle between February 13th – March 15th, your vehicle must be transferred as soon as possible to avoid penalties.
· If you purchased a vehicle between March 16th – July 25th, you must apply for title and registration by August 24th to avoid penalties.
Muscatine County offices are still closed to the public, we are taking appointments for title transfers or other complicated transactions. Please call our office to schedule a time or answer any questions. We are available by phone at 563.263.6764 Monday thru Friday 8 to 4:30, we have title application forms available in the supply box outside our office. We ask that you include a phone number on anything dropped so we have a way to contact you. We appreciate your cooperation and are doing our best to get things done in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
Amy L. Zybarth, Muscatine County Treasurer