UnityPoint Health – Trinity is hosting its first Heart to Heart Community Education Series event of 2023 on Jan. 31. The free in-person event features medical experts who help people get on the right track to living a more heart healthy life.
Mark Shen, MD, cardiovascular medicine, P.C., will present “Atrial Fibrillation (Afib): How We Manage in 2023 and Beyond” on Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 5:30 p.m. in the Jardine Auditorium at UnityPoint Health – Trinity Rock Island.
“Attendees will learn more about atrial fibrillation, or Afib, and how it impacts your heart health,” says Shen. “We will talk more about Afib, how it can be treated, and ways UnityPoint Health – Trinity is committed to helping people manage and live better with Afib.”
Heart to Heart is a free community educational series for those interested in learning more about heart disease and prevention. Attendees learn how simple lifestyle changes can make a positive impact on heart health. Register today at unitypoint.org/heart2heart.
“UnityPoint Health – Trinity’s cardiology department is committed to making the Quad Cities a healthier place, and this session will empower attendees to live a healthier life,” says Kathy Pulley, director of cardiology services at UnityPoint Health – Trinity.
This event is presented free of charge thanks to the generosity of donors to Trinity Health Foundation.
- What: “Atrial Fibrillation (Afib): How We Manage in 2023 and Beyond” presented by Mark Shen, MD, cardiovascular medicine, P.C.
- When: Tuesday, Jan. 31 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Jardine Auditorium at UnityPoint Health – Trinity, 2701 17th St, Rock Island, IL 61201
- Why: UnityPoint Health – Trinity is dedicated to improving the health of people in the Quad Cities area through community education and high-quality prevention and treatment services.
- Cost: Free, but limited seats are available. Register at unitypoint.org/heart2heart