Extension Council Meeting
July 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 5:30 pm on day Third of the month, repeating indefinitely
An Iowa State University Extension and Outreach County extension Council is a group of nine locally elected public officials. They build partnerships and provide research-based learning opportunities to improve the quality of life in their county.
- Identify the needs of public and private enterprises, families, and communities in the county.
- Link the resources of Iowa State University, the community, other agencies, and funding sources to the needs in the district.
- Market and represent ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Represent diverse groups, issues, and concerns that characterize the county.
- Be partners in ISU Extension and Outreach’s future.
- 5:30 p.m.
- Third Tuesday of every month, except July
- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach – Muscatine County
1514 Isett Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
- Lance Rowell – term expires 12/2020 – Chairperson
- Robert Chrz – term expires 12/2020 – Vice Chairperson
- Sean Olson – term expires 12/2020
- Cindy Mays – term expires 12/2020 – Treasurer
- Jody Riibe – terms expires 12/2022 – Secretary
- Chris Wulf – term expires 12/2022
- Becky Vargus – term expires 12/2022
- Doug Nolte – term expires 12/2022
- Kim Schneider – term expires 12/2022
The Muscatine County Extension Council is the county governing body of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. The council is a group of nine locally elected public officials. The council hires county staff, manages the county extension budget, and helps determine county programming. In partnership with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, the council provides educational opportunities that bring university resources to the needs of the county and region. Muscatine County Extension provides programming in the following four areas:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources (includes Master Gardener program)
- Human Sciences
- 4-H Youth Development
- Community and Economic Development