- This event has passed.
Muscatine Fall Leaf Pick Up Begins
October 14, 2019
The Compost Site at the Transfer Station will remain open throughout the fall season, weather permitting. The Compost Site will be open from 12-6 p.m. Sunday through Friday and from 9 a.m-6 p.m. on Saturdays.
Here are some additional guidelines for leaf collection:
• Leaves should be placed near, but not beyond, the curb and should be within reach of the leaf vacuum.
• Leaves should be free of tree branches and twig as they can cause the leaf vacuums to clog up.
• All leaves must be placed outside of fenced areas.
• Leaves are not to be placed in the street to avoid clogging storm drains.
• Leaves should not be placed in street or extend into traffic lanes, thereby creating traffic hazards.
• Leaves should not be placed around obstacles such as mailbox posts, sign posts, and light poles.
• Crews will not pick up leaves mixed with debris, logs, branches, rocks, plastic, metal or glass containers, or any other types of refuse.
• Leaves should not be placed on City cul-de-sacs, vacant land, or city property except on the public right-of-way along the curb/shoulder area.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Works at 563-263-8933.