- This event has passed.
Muscatine Fall leaf Pick Up IF NEEDED & If Weather Permitting
December 5, 2019
The Compost Site at the Transfer Station will remain open throughout the fall season, weather permitting. The Compost Site will be open from 12-6 p.m. Sunday through Friday and from 9 a.m-6 p.m. on Saturdays.
Here are some additional guidelines for leaf collection:
• Leaves should be placed near, but not beyond, the curb and should be within reach of the leaf vacuum.
• Leaves should be free of tree branches and twig as they can cause the leaf vacuums to clog up.
• All leaves must be placed outside of fenced areas.
• Leaves are not to be placed in the street to avoid clogging storm drains.
• Leaves should not be placed in street or extend into traffic lanes, thereby creating traffic hazards.
• Leaves should not be placed around obstacles such as mailbox posts, sign posts, and light poles.
• Crews will not pick up leaves mixed with debris, logs, branches, rocks, plastic, metal or glass containers, or any other types of refuse.
• Leaves should not be placed on City cul-de-sacs, vacant land, or city property except on the public right-of-way along the curb/shoulder area.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Works at 563-263-8933.