DES MOINES, Iowa – Senate Republicans elected Senator Mark Lofgren as an Assistant Majority Leader on Friday.
“It’s an honor to be chosen by my Senate colleagues for this leadership position,” Lofgren said. “I look forward to helping to lead our work together in the Iowa Senate to bring about great opportunities for the people of Iowa for many years to come.”
The Republican leadership team consists of the following senators:
- Majority Leader, Senator Jack Whitver, Ankeny
- President of the Senate, Senator Jake Chapman, Adel
- President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Senator Brad Zaun, Urbandale
- Majority Whip, Senator Amy Sinclair, Allerton
Assistant Majority Leaders:
- Senator Chris Cournoyer, LeClaire
- Senator Carrie Koelker, Dyersville
- Senator Mark Lofgren, Muscatine
- Senator Zach Whiting, Spirit Lake
Lofgren served two successful terms in the Iowa House before his election to the Iowa Senate in 2016. He represents District 46, which includes Muscatine County and part of Scott County. He works as a realtor with EXIT Realty Group in Muscatine and owned a small business for many years. He and his wife, Paula, have four children and four grandchildren and reside in Muscatine.