DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) confirmed 181 additional positive cases for a total of 2,513 positive cases and an additional 974 negative tests for a total of 20,434 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs.
The IDPH reported an additional 10 deaths, 193 currently hospitalized, and 1,095 recovered.
The additional 10 deaths came from the following counties:
- Appanoose County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Linn County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years) and two elderly adults (81+ years).
- Louisa County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Muscatine County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Polk County: Two 2 older adults (61-80 years) and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Tama County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on www.coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information previously not provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.