DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 521 additional positive cases for a total of 4,445 positive cases and an additional 2,190 negative tests for a total of 27,528 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs.
The IDPH reported an additional 11 deaths , 278 currently hospitalized, and 1,604 recoveries.
According to the IDPH, the additional 11 deaths came from the following counties:
- Bremer County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Black Hawk County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years) and two older adults (61-80 years).
- Linn County: Two older adults (61-80 years) and two elderly adults (81+ years).
- Polk County: Two elderly adults (81+ years).
- Scott County: One older adult (61-80 years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.