DES MOINES, Iowa–
Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 384 additional positive cases for a total of 5,476 positive cases and an additional 1,356 negative tests for a total of 30,614 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. The number of positive cases will continue to grow as Test Iowa sites open and additional surveillance testing of large businesses and nursing home staff continues.
The IDPH reported an additional six deaths, 286 currently hospitalized, and 1,900 recoveries. At this time, one in 87 Iowans have taken a test.
According to the IDPH, the additional six deaths came from the following counties:
- Black Hawk County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years).
- Clinton County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Des Moines County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Johnson County: One adult (18-40 years) and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Linn County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
The state of Iowa has released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information not previously available, as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.