DES MOINES, Iowa–
Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 508 additional positive cases for a total of 6,376 positive cases and an additional 1,165 negative tests for a total of 33,447 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. The number of positive cases will continue to grow as Test Iowa sites open and additional surveillance testing of large businesses and nursing home staff continues.
The IDPH reported an additional nine deaths, 304 currently hospitalized, and 2,164 recoveries. At this time, one in 79 Iowans have already taken a test.
According to the IDPH, the additional nine deaths came from the following counties:
- Black Hawk County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Linn County: Two older adults (61-80 years).
- Muscatine County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Polk County: One older adult (61-80 years) and three elderly adults (81+ years).
- Story County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information not previously provided, as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.