DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 467 additional positive cases for a total of 6,843 positive cases and an additional 1,047 negative tests for a total of 34,494 negative tests to date, which includes
testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. The number of positive cases will continue to grow as Test Iowa sites open and additional surveillance testing of large businesses and nursing home staff continues.
The IDPH also reported an additional 12, 323 currently hospitalized, and 2,428 recoveries. At this time, 1 in 76 Iowans have already taken a test.
According to IDPH the additional 12 deaths came from the following counties:
- Black Hawk County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Dubuque County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Jasper County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Linn County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years), two older adults (61-80 years), and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Marshall County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Muscatine County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Polk County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Pottawattamie County: One adult (18-40 years).
- Washington County: One elderly adult (81+years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state is now provides demographic information not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.