DES MOINES, Iowa– Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 302 additional positive cases for a total of 7,145 positive cases and an additional 1,028 negative tests for a total of 35,552 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. The number of positive cases will continue to grow as Test Iowa sites open and additional surveillance testing of large businesses and nursing home staff continues.
The IDPH reported an additional 14 deaths, 335 currently hospitalized, and 2,697 recovories. At this time, 1 in 74 Iowans have already taken a test.
According to the IDPH, the additional 14 deaths came from the following counties:
- Dubuque County: One middle age adult (41-60 years).
- Linn County: Three older adults (61-80 years).
- Marshall County: One middle age adult (41-60 years).
- Muscatine County: Two older adults (61-80 years) and three elderly adults (81+ years).
- Polk County: Three elderly adults (81+ years).
- Scott County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information that not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.