DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 739 additional positive cases for a total of 7,884 positive cases and an additional 2,186 negative tests, for a total of 37,708 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. The number of positive cases will continue to grow as Test Iowa sites open and additional surveillance testing of large businesses and nursing home staff continues.
The IDPH reported an additional eight deaths 345 are currently hospitalized, and 2,899 recoveries. At this time, one in 69 Iowans have already taken a test.
According to the IDPH, the additional eight deaths came from the following counties:
- Bremer County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Linn County: Two middle-age adults (41-60 years).
- Muscatine County: One older adult (61-80 years) and one elderly adult (81+ years).
- Polk County: Two elderly adults (81+ years).
- Scott County: One middle-age adult (41-60 years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.