DES MOINES, Iowa–Today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) learned of 528 additional positive cases for a total of 9,169 positive cases and an additional 2,932 negative tests for a total of 44,017 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs. 77% of new positive cases today originate in the 22 counties where restrictions remain in place.
The IDPH reported an additional nine deaths, 378 currently hospitalized, and 3,325 recoveries. At this time, one in 59 Iowans have already taken a test.
According to the IDPH, the additional nine deaths came from the following counties:
- Black Hawk County: Two elderly adults (81+ years).
- Bremer County: One elderly adult (81+ years).
- Dallas County: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Dubuque: One older adult (61-80 years).
- Polk County: Two older adults (61-80 years).
- Poweshiek County: Two elderly adults (81+ years).
The state of Iowa released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov
updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state now provides demographic information not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.