Announcements for Tuesday, September 22, Today is a B day.
Chicken Alfredo w/Breadstick or Bosco Sticks. Assorted Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.
Todays athletic events:
7th grade football @ MHS vs PV
Cross Country @ Bettendorf
7th grade Gold Volleyball @ SCJH vs Bettendorf
8th grade Volleyball @ Bettendorf
Interesting Facts About Sign Language:
Did you know that………….
- American Sign Language (ASL) is the third most widely used language in the U.S., after English and Spanish. A form of ASL has been used in the U.S. for over two hundred years.
- 90% of Deaf children are born to Hearing parents.
- Deafness is not seen as a handicap, but rather as an asset that brings its members together forming a whole community and a culture all to itself (some deaf people actually refuse implants or hearing aids for this reason).
- The deaf don’t clap after a performance or a show; instead they wiggle their hands in the air
- Just as with other languages, specific ways of expressing ideas in ASL vary as much as ASL users themselves. In addition to individual differences in expression, ASL has regional accents and dialects; just as certain English words are spoken differently in different parts of the country, ASL has regional variations in the rhythm of signing, pronunciation, slang, and signs used.
Video: 6 Myths About Sign Language
Parents, please call SCJH for attendance 563-263-0411 we are no longer using the attendance email or phone number.
Picture retake day will be September 24th and 25th.
Students, lost and found is located in the main office and is growing! Stop by if you are missing something.
If any student is interested in being a part of the yearbook to email Mrs. Mrosko at [email protected] or to stop by her room (#6) to sign up
Activity passes are available in the office they are $40.00 a check or cash can be sent to school with your student. Credit cards cannot be used over the phone you can however purchase through your Powerschool payment account. One important difference though is that JH and Elementary students can not come to HS games unless they are with a parent.
Yearbooks are now on sale, they are $16.00 check or money can be sent to the office. Credit cards cannot be accepted over the phone but you are welcome to come to the office to make a purchase or use your Powerschool.
If your student needs a book to read click the link for more information BookDash
Student Fees: General Student Fee Structure Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Fees can be paid online via
PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting or by paying in-person at the SCJH office
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.