MUSCATINE, Iowa – Muscatine Mayor Diana Broderson issued a city wide face covering mandate Sunday, July 5, 2020. The mandate goes into effect at 6 a.m. Monday, July 6, 2020, and continues for six months, unless the mandate is terminated or extended in writing by the mayor.
The proclamation mandates every person in the City of Muscatine to wear a face covering while in any indoor or outdoor public setting.
The proclamation also provides exceptions when individuals may remove their face coverings including:
- While seated at a restaurant or other food or drink establishment when tables and are spaced at least 6 feet apart at all times;
- While engaged in outdoor or indoor sports, including but not limited to, walking, biking, hiking, and where a 6 foot social distance is maintained between any non-household member at all times;
- Face covering requirements for individuals in team sports will follow the State of Iowa recommendations;
- When any party to a communication is deaf or hard of hearing and not wearing a face covering is essential to communication;
- While obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of a face covering;
- When sleeping;
- When necessary to confirm the individual’s identity;
- When federal or state law prohibits wearing a face covering or requires the removal of the face covering;