** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Hours: 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 x1133 or [email protected]
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
- MHS Volleyball Upcoming IMPORTANT Information:
- Last week of Open Gym: Aug 3rd, 4th, & 5th, 10 am-11:30 in the VanHecke Center @ MHS!
- Wednesday, August 4th after Open Gym, we will have concussion testing for volleyball athletes. Please inform your rides and or prepare to stay past 11:30am on this date.
- Tryouts signup: Click here
- Tryout Info: August 11th-13th at the VanHecke Center @ MHS
- Session 1: Fresh/Soph @ 10am-12pm
- Session 2: Juniors/Seniors @ 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Volleyball: Store closes on August 27th
- Follow us on Facebook to stay in touch with updates and information @goteammuskies
- Muscatine High School will hold its Lifetouch School Picture Day on Wednesday, August 4th from 7am-6pm in the MHS Gym for ALL MHS Students, Grades 9-12. Please use the MHS Commons entrance to enter the building. Picture make-up day will be September 8th.
Families wishing to purchase photos, please review (https://tinyurl.com/5e39nyh7) for Picture Order Information. Picture Order Forms are also available at the MHS Attendance Center and will be available the day of pictures. You can also order online at mylifetouch.com using your Student’s School ID or Picture Day ID: EVT38M7C6.
- 2020-21 Yearbook Pickup will take place on August 4th from7am-6pm in the MHS Commons Hallway. Yearbook Pickup Info
- Returning Muskie Student Registration 2021-22 School Year: Online registration for the upcoming school year is now available! All Muskie students need to have their families/guardians update their information via PowerSchool prior to school starting in August. Click this link to log in and please note that this entire form is available in Spanish. https://powerschool.muscatineschools.org/ PowerSchool Registration Parent Guide
Once you’ve logged into PowerSchool here are some steps;1. Parents log into PowerSchool portal account
2. Choose a student
3. Click “Returning Student Registration 21-22” link on left
4. Enter birthdate of selected student
5. Process form and submit when completed
6. Repeat for all connected students
If you need assistance, please call MHS at 563-263-6141 or assistance can be provided at the MHS Attendance Center from 8am-4pm Monday thru Friday. Extended hours until 6pm at MHS will be available on Wednesday, August 4th.
- The official start of Fall Sports practices is Aug. 9th so make sure you get all of your paperwork completed and turned into the AD Office if you are going out for a Fall Sport.
- Support your MHS athlete in their chosen sport by placing an ad in the MHS Sport program. Details and order form are at: https://bit.ly/2EDytT3
- MHS Fall Team Stores Are Now Open! If you are looking for new gear to support the Muskies, check out the Volleyball store.
- Volleyball: Store closes on August 27th
- Volleyball: Store closes on August 27th
- Students: If you would like to request an official transcript from Muscatine High School over the summer, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Class of 2021: If you would like to have your MCC transcript sent to the institution you will be attending this fall, you will need to order it directly from the EICC Transcript Request Service using the link below.
If you would like to take an official copy with you to our orientation or advising appointments, you can download that directly from your EICConnect account.
- Summer Meal Information: MCSD Summer Meal Information
- Students: Next year we are going to be offering a year long class worth 1 elective credit in which you will be a part of creating the Muskie Minutes. If you are interested in journalism, broadcasting, or communications this would be a great opportunity for you. Spots are limited. If you are interested to see if this can fit into your schedule for next year, please email Mr. Welsch at [email protected] with your interest. Mrs. Huot will be teaching this 3rd period.
- Summer Mentorship: Summer Mentorship Information
Services Offered: Financial Aid Assistance, College Enrollment, Career Exploration, Post Secondary Mentorship
- Class of 2022 – College Information: https://bit.ly/3vKw3HY
- 2020-21 Semester 2 MHS Honor Roll: https://bit.ly/3g89kiB
- MHS Student Services Summer Information: MHS Student Services Summer Information
** Athletic/Activities Information **
- Muscatine Summer Youth Volleyball Camp for students entering grades 5th-8th grade – August 12th & 13th from 3:30-5pm at the MHS VanHecke Center. Cost: $40 per camper. Please contact Coach Russell with any questions at [email protected] Registration forms are due July 16th to guarantee a t-shirt. Walk-ins will be accepted however t-shirt is not guaranteed. Muscatine Youth Volleyball Camp Info & Registration Form
- Open mat wrestling workouts available to all MHS students beginning April 1 in the wrestling room from 4-5 pm.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- Students: If you would like to request an official transcript from Muscatine High School over the summer, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office.Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicle Registration Form Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2020-21 Yearbook Pick-up will take place on August 4th from7am-6pm in the MHS Commons Hallway.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.