MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
** Daily News & Information **
- Good Luck to the Boys’ & Girls’ Bowling Teams at the State Bowling Meet and to Marcus Madsen & in Gabi Evan in their Individual event.
- The boys’ locker room will be closed during Muskie Time and during Lunch. Students should not be in the gym unsupervised, only those with physical education classes should be in any of the gyms during the day.
- Talent Show auditions after school today in the auditorium. The Talent Show is March 14th and there are cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places and git cards for special recognition winners! If you are unable to attend, contact Mrs. Keltner.
- CAPE (Carnival After Prom Extravaganza) Fundraiser at Boonies on March 4, 5pm to close. All proceeds benefit the students of Muscatine High School attending CAPE after prom.
CAPE Fundraiser Info
- Juniors/Junior Parents: ICAN Financial Aid Information Meeting will be held on March 13 from 5:30-6:30pm in the MHS Commons. ICAN Presentation Info (English & Spanish).pdf
- It’s National FFA Week. Celebrate with us! See schedule of events: National FFA Week Events
- Juniors: ACT test has been rescheduled for March 12.
- March Mobile Pantry will be March 12 4:30-6:30pm at MHS.
- MHS YEARBOOKS: Don’t forget to order an MHS Yearbook if you want to guarantee one. They are available to order for $56 until Feb 22. Please go to this link or the Attendance Center to buy one. If you don’t order one, there will be a few available on a first come first serve basis, the day after we pass out yearbooks — but these sell out fast!
- MHS WINTER THAW Dance
Saturday, Feb. 23rd
$5 admission fee at the door
Current MHS ID required at check in
** No outside guests will be allowed **
- Boys’ Tennis Meeting: There will be a boys’ tennis meeting on March 5 during Enrichment in Room 21-030. You must have your current physical, concussion form, and waiver on file in the Athletic Office before you can practice.
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below (April)
- Seniors: Six Flags Information Information. $25 deposit to be made by March 8 in order to secure Six Flags Date & charter bus. 53 students need to sign up/make payment at the Attendance Center! Info is available at the Attendance Center too! GradNite Info & Permission Slip
- Yoga This Week: Yoga will be 5th, 6th & 7th period Wed & Friday in room 22-007
- MHS Key Club is again hosting an MHS Talent Show. The Talent Show will be held Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am (with the early out schedule, this will include 1st-4th periods). Proceeds from the Talent Show will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital & Muscatine Humane Society.
- AFTER-CAPE BREAKFAST
Location: Calvary Church
Time: 3:30AM-Roughly 5AM
What: A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE. There will be no church-related information, the room you will eat in is also a gym, and there are no religious symbols or affiliations at all. Just simply an alternative to driving out of town at 4 in the morning to the Quad Cities for breakfast after an exhausting evening.
- Senior Resources is looking for dependable, hardworking Chore Workers* to remove snow for Seniors in our community. Positions open immediately. $10 per hour!! Workers must be 16 years or older to apply and must be able to pass a background check & have their own equipment. Applications can be picked up at1808 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine for more information, call: Mayra Garcia (563) 263-7292.
- MHS Swing Dance will be held March 9 at The Merrill Hotel from 6-10pm. Admission is $6 at the door.
- Softball parent/player meeting will be held Feb. 24 from 2 – 4pm in the Commons. If you have questions, please contact Coach Hopkins at [email protected]
- Entry Level Soccer Referee Course Being Offered: To sign up, go to: http://www.iowasoccer.org/events/entry-level_referee_course_-_muscatine/
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- Guys THAW and PROM clothes (pants, shirts, suits) added to the racks. Stop by and check them out today – they’re FREE!
- 9-12th Grade Girls: FREE THAW dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION!
- Junior & Senior Girls: FREE Prom dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes from size 6 to 24 and styles. NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION
- FREE used winter coats available in Student Services for students that are in need and would like to check them out.
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Pearl City Volleyball is Needing Concession Help: We have a home tournament on Saturday, Feb. 23rd. if anyone is interested in helping with concessions, please sign up here:
Pearl City Concessions Sign-up If you have questions, please contact BreAnne Holleran at 563-272-8817 or [email protected]
- Grant Elementary School is hosting their spring carnival on Friday, March 1st. We are looking for volunteers to run games, hand out prizes, and more from 4:30-7:30. Free dinner is provided! Please contact Jessi Freers at [email protected] or 263-7005 if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.