** Daily News & Information **
Home of the Muskies!
MHS Winter Activities are ending and Spring Activities have begun! Visit the MHS Official Activities Site to see what’s happening and when and for Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.!
Transcript Request Form: Transcript Request Form
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- MHS Prom Guest Registration Form: If your student is planning on inviting a guest to the MHS Prom and or CAPE (see requirements), the attached form will need to be completed and returned to Mrs. Chatfield in the Assistant Principal’s Office (Room 12-001) by end of day on March 10, 2020. 2020 MHS Prom Guest Form.pdf
Forms are also available in the Assistant Principal’s Office. Requirements: Any student from another school, or a previous graduate under the age of 21, attending as a GUEST will need to complete this form. Current students must be a JUNIOR or a SENIOR in good standing. This form must be returned to the MHS Assistant Principals’ office (needs to be faxed or scanned by the guest’s school–see bottom of page) by the end of the day on March 10, 2020. NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER March 10, 2020.
- MHS Philharmonic and Freshmen Orchestras with CMS and WMS Orchestras concert will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at Central Middle School Auditorium starting at 6:30pm.
- Model UN Trivia Night Fundraiser will be held on March 7 starting at 6pm in the MHS Commons. $10 per person/8 person teams. RSVP by emailing Melissa Rinnert @ [email protected] Model UN Trivia Night Info
- It’s not too late to order your MHS Yearbook! Cost is $56 and can be ordered at the Attendance Office or online at Jostens. We are not ordering extras this year, so if you want a yearbook, you will need to buy one by February 25th.
- MGSA & Muskies Pitching Clinics will be held on March 7 & 14 from 11:30am-1:30pm.
Cost is $25 with proceeds going to the MHS Softball program. See flyer for more details.
MGSA & Muskies Pitching Clinics
- Boys’ Track: Boys’ track practice will start on Monday, February 24 @ 3:40 PM. We will meet in the competition gym or the small gym above the boys locker room. You must have an up-to-date (current) physical, concussion form, and parent permission form on file in the athletic office BEFORE you can practice. Be prepared to practice both indoors and outdoors. Have warm clothing available for practice (sweatshirts, sweatpants, hats, gloves, etc). If you are still involved in a winter sport, we will see you after your season. If you have any questions please contact Coach Rusch ([email protected]).
- Girls’ Basketball Banquet will be held on Sunday, March 1 from 5:00-7:00 PM in the MHS Auditorium.
- Check Lost & Found at the Attendance Center if you have lost an item such as glasses, coat, hat, gloves/mittens, keys, jewelry, etc.
- Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (C.A.P.E.) is looking for volunteers and seeking donations to help make this year’s C.A.P.E. a success. This will take place on April 18 starting at 11:30PM until April 19 3:30AM. Please read the letter for more details. 2020 CAPE Parent Letter
- Trinity College-Health Care Exploration Camp – July 27-30: Trinity College is holding a summer camp for those interested in pursuing a career in healthcare (must be sixteen years old or older). To apply is free, but there is a $30 fee if selected to fill one of the 20 spots. There are also scholarships available. Students can apply now through April 1st at , with those selected being contacted in early May. If you have questions, please contact Anna Masengarb at [email protected] Trinity College: Health Care Exploration Camp Info
- MHS Prom will be on April 18 from 8-11pm at The Merrill Hotel. Tickets are $20 each and will be on sale from March 23-April 3 in front of Student Services. Theme is Enchanted Forest. Prom 2020 Info
- FREE PROM dresses, suits/clothing, and shoes are displayed across from the Attendance Center. There is a great selection to choose from! See Mrs. Borde if you have any questions!
- Young Women in Leadership Conference at UNI on March 4, 2020. See attachment for more info if interested in attending.
Young Women in Leadership Conference-March 4,2020.pdf
- Juniors: Interested in pursuing a career in Business? 2020 Tippie Gateway Summer Program University of Iowa Opportunity: The Tippie Gateway Program is a six-day residential program for students interested in studying business at Iowa – in the hopes that you will share this information with your students.Tippie Gateway Program Info Tippie Program Info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nswvYPj-bo
- Academic Decathlon Team for 2020-2021 School Year: Mr. Plummer is looking to start an Academic Decathlon team at the high school for the 2020-2021 school year. Students who are currently in 9th-11th grade can attend an informational meeting to learn more about Academic Decathlon. We will hold the informational meeting in the band room (13-021) during Muskie Time on Friday, February 21st. Sign up in Adaptive Scheduler under Mr. Plummer. Please fill out the following form to let Mr. Plummer know you are interested in attending the meeting https://forms.gle/fPfAnnXmpz1LjMyb8.
- Spring Sports Information: See the “Spring Sports Information” section below.
- Fundraisers: See the “Fundraiser” section below.
- FFA Important Event Dates:
Feb 24-28: National FFA week- 24 Officer Visit
March 14: Districts at L & M
March 26: FFA Banquet
- Students entering the building prior to 7:45am should enter through the Swim entrance located across from the Bonnie Street parking lot. The Swim entrance is open at 6:30am.
The Main, Muskie M, and Handicap parking entrances open at 7:45am.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- Silver Cord Form- Google Form: The Silver Cord Form is now a google form that you submit online. Silver Cord Form link
- Breakfast starts at 7:30am and runs until 8:15am and is available in the Cafeteria and Library Cafe.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Jefferson Elementary needs volunteers for their spring carnival. This will take place on Friday, February 28th, 4:30-7:00. Please email Sarah Manjoine ([email protected]) if you are interested.
- Grant Elementary is needing student volunteers to help with their annual carnival! We are looking for volunteers to help with games, activities, and food on March 6 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Please contact Leslie Bennett at Grant Elementary if you are able to help out! 563-263-7005.
- Hershey Manor is looking for some chore help. This can range from clearing snow off and around their vehicle to dusting or simply just want some company. If interested, please Misty Wetzel at 563-263-8304. Hershey Manor is a public housing facility for the elderly of Muscatine. This is non-assisted living for them and many are looking for some chore help.
- Madison Elementary is looking for volunteers on Friday, March 6th from 4-7:30 for the Madison elementary spring carnival? Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/jFUmk5SkpUBAw7Nf7
- The MCSD Food & Nutrition Dept. is looking for MHS students to help students at elementary schools with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines any time from 7-8am during the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping out & earning silver cord hours starting Friday 8/23, please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Spring Sports Information **
- Girls’ Track: There is still time to sign up for girl’s track and field. Get in shape. Get faster for all your sports and have fun with your teammates! Contact Coach Roberts, Coach Flowers, Coach Stoltzfus or Coach Roos.
- Girls’ Golf: Any girls interested in playing golf this spring please contact Mr. Windham by email, [email protected] or stop by Room 23-007 in the Business/Foreign Language wing.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- MHS Softball Boosters SINGO “Funraiser” will be held on Saturday, February 29 at The Rendezvous, 3127 Lucas St. A DJ will play 23-30 second music clips and you have to match the song with the title on your bingo card! All proceeds benefit the MHS Softball program for the 2020 season!
Cost is $15 per person or $120 for a table of 8. See flyer for more details. SINGO Night Information.pdf
To RSVP or questions, please email Derek Seaman at [email protected]
- Muscatine Race for the Schools will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020 taking place at Muscatine High School. Muskie Mile Timed Run – 8AM, 5K Run/Jog/Walk – 8:30AM. Race information is available at www.muscatineracefortheschools.org, Muscatine Race for the Schools Registration Info or you can pick up a form at the MHS Attendance Center or any Muscatine school building.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
- Seniors – MCC Foundation Scholarships: The application portal for MCC Foundation scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year is now open or Seniors Interested in attending Muscatine Community College. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2020. Students can apply by going to: www.eicc.edu/scholarships
Note: The scholarships listed are in addition to scholarships available in the Community Foundation scholarships.
- Seniors!!!! The local scholarship through the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine portal is open! Don’t lose out on great scholarship opportunities! For those of you who missed Mrs. Hawkin’s presentations last week, here is the presentation link 2020 Muscatine High School Local Scholarship Information. You can pick up a copy of your transcript in Student Services. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11:59pm.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.