** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Summer Hours through August 1st: 8AM-4PM Monday-Thursday, Friday – Closed
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 x1133 or [email protected]
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
- Returning Muskie Student Registration 2021-22 School Year: Online registration for the upcoming school year is now available! All Muskie students need to have their families/guardians update their information via PowerSchool prior to school starting in August. Click this link to log in and please note that this entire form is available in Spanish. https://powerschool.muscatineschools.org/ PowerSchool Registration Parent Guide
Once you’ve logged into PowerSchool here are some steps;1. Parents log into PowerSchool portal account
2. Choose a student
3. Click “Returning Student Registration 21-22” link on left
4. Enter birthdate of selected student
5. Process form and submit when completed
6. Repeat for all connected students
If you need assistance, please call MHS at 563-263-6141 or assistance can be provided at the MHS Attendance Center from 8am-4pm Monday thru Thursday. Extended hours of 10am – 7pm will be available on July 28th.
- New Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball Coaches at MHS This Season:
Girls Basketball:John McBride will be our new Head Girls Basketball coach. The Muscatine Journal featured an article on Coach McBride last week. Please read it to learn more about Coach McBride if you have not met him yet. The next Girls BB Open Gym will be on Wed July 21 from 7:30-9am in the VanHecke Center. If you are interested at all in Girls BB for next season, please email Coach at [email protected]. Muscatine Journal – Coach McBrideBoys Basketball:We are also excited to announce that Luke Turelli will be our new Boys Head BB coach. Coach Turelli has been coaching in our program for the last 4 years and he is a Science teacher at MHS. Boys Basketball summer workouts resume on Tuesday, July 20. Attached is also a letter from Coach Turelli introducing himself, and in that letter is a calendar for the rest of the summer. Boys Basketball Letter/ScheduleNote: Due to the new IGHSAU/IHSAA No Contact Week rule, there will be NO MHS practices or workouts between July 25 and Aug. 1. The official start of Fall practices is Aug. 9th so make sure you get all of your paperwork completed and turned into the AD Office if you are going out for a Fall Sport.
- Support your MHS athlete in their chosen sport by placing an ad in the MHS Sport program. Details and order form are at: https://bit.ly/2EDytT3
- MHS Boys’ Golf: Attention all high school golfers and parents! We will be having a call out meeting Thursday, July 22nd at 5:30pm at Impact Athletic Performance. We will discuss expectations for the upcoming season, qualifying dates, and the new schedule. Impact Athletic Performance is located in the Washington Sportsplex at 601 Maiden Ave across from the batting cages.
- MHS Fall Team Stores Are Now Open! Team stores have been set up by the XC, VB and Football programs. If you are looking for new gear to support the Muskies, check out these new store.
- 2020-21 Yearbook Pickup will take place on July 27th from 4-7pm and August 4th from7am-6pm in the MHS Commons Hallway. Yearbook Pickup Info
- August 4 – Student ID Picture Day, MHS Gym 7AM-6PM. Reminders and information will be sent out closer to the date. Picture Order Information
Order forms are also available at the MHS Attendance Center and will be available the day of pictures. You can also order online at mylifetouch.com using your Student’s School ID or Picture Day ID: EVT38M7C6.
- MHS Summer Volleyball Information: MHS Summer Volleyball Information
- Students: If you would like to request an official transcript from Muscatine High School over the summer, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Class of 2021: If you would like to have your MCC transcript sent to the institution you will be attending this fall, you will need to order it directly from the EICC Transcript Request Service using the link below.
If you would like to take an official copy with you to our orientation or advising appointments, you can download that directly from your EICConnect account.
Summer Meal Information: MCSD Summer Meal Information
- Students: Next year we are going to be offering a year long class worth 1 elective credit in which you will be a part of creating the Muskie Minutes. If you are interested in journalism, broadcasting, or communications this would be a great opportunity for you. Spots are limited. If you are interested to see if this can fit into your schedule for next year, please email Mr. Welsch at [email protected] with your interest. Mrs. Huot will be teaching this 3rd period.
- Summer Mentorship: Summer Mentorship Information
Services Offered: Financial Aid Assistance, College Enrollment, Career Exploration, Post Secondary Mentorship
- Class of 2022 – College Information: https://bit.ly/3vKw3HY
- 2020-21 Semester 2 MHS Honor Roll: https://bit.ly/3g89kiB
- MHS Student Services Summer Information: MHS Student Services Summer Information
** Athletic/Activities Information **
- Muscatine Summer Youth Volleyball Camp for students entering grades 5th-8th grade – August 12th & 13th from 3:30-5pm at the MHS VanHecke Center. Cost: $40 per camper. Please contact Coach Russell with any questions at [email protected] Registration forms are due July 16th to guarantee a t-shirt. Walk-ins will be accepted however t-shirt is not guaranteed. Muscatine Youth Volleyball Camp Info & Registration Form
- Open mat wrestling workouts available to all MHS students beginning April 1 in the wrestling room from 4-5 pm.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- Students: If you would like to request an official transcript from Muscatine High School over the summer, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office.Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicle Registration Form Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Scholarships **
- Seniors: The 2021-2022 MCC Foundation Scholarship Deadline has been Extended! The new deadline is July 30, 2021. Apply at www.eicc.edu/scholarships Click on “Apply Online for Muscatine Community College”. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted.
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2020-21 Yearbook Pick-up will take place on July 27th from 4-7pm and August 4th from7am-6pm in the MHS Commons Hallway.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.