MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Parent Teacher Conferences (Walk-in No Appointment Necessary):
March 11 – 4:00-7:15pm
March 13 – 4:00-7:15pm
March 14 – 1:45-3:45pm
** Daily News & Information **
- Senior Survivor closing ceremony will be at 5pm today in the Commons.
- The recent Key Club sponsored blood drive provided 53 donations for local hospitals served by the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center and also provided up to 212 products for patients in need. Thank you for your continued support and donations!
- MHS Swing Dance will be held March 9 at The Merrill Hotel from 6-10pm. Admission is $6 at the door.
- Seniors: Six Flags Information Information. $25 deposit to be made by March 8 in order to secure Six Flags Date & charter bus. 53 students need to sign up/make payment at the Attendance Center! Info is available at the Attendance Center too! GradNite Info & Permission Slip
- Muskie Soccer Store is Open! Players, order your practice shirts and soccer items. First order deadline is March 8. Store is open until March 24th. Public is welcome to order as well. Support Muskie Soccer! MHS Soccer Store
- Race for the Schools is on May 4, 2019. 5K Run/Job/Walk & the Muskie Mile Timed Run. Proceeds benefit MCSD Physical Education and Wellness Programs.
Race for the Schools Info & Registration Form
- The FFA Banquet is Thursday, March 28th.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- HyVee Job Opportunities for 10th-12th Grades: Jim Simmons, the Muscatine HyVee Store Director, will be coming in to talk about job opportunities available to students.
Jobs Available: Asian counter cook, cashier, pharmacy, barista, produce clerk and many more!!
Pay Range: $8-$12 (depends on the position and experience)
Job Fit: If you are interested in culinary, pharmacy or business as a major/career or just need a part-time job!!
Benefits: Hy-Vee allows you to have flexible hours that work with your schedule, save money for college and gain work experience.
Monday, March 11th during Muskie Time in the Auditorium.
Sign-up in Adaptive Scheduler under Student Services for “HyVee Session”.
- Juniors & Seniors: NEW DRESSES ADDED! FREE PROM attire — dresses, suit jackets, pants, and shirts outside the Main Office – Rm 11-001. Check them out before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes and styles. See Mrs. Borde with any questions.
- Port Louisa National Wildlife Refuge Summer Job Opportunities – Youth Conservation Corps. Applications available in Student Services. Youth Conservation Corps. Info
- Girls’ Golf: Practice begins on March 11th. There will be NO practice during Spring Break (March 18-22nd). Don’t forget to get all your paperwork into the Athletics Office prior to March 11 which is the first day of practice. (Physical, Concussion & Parent Permission Forms)
- Juniors, the ACT makeup test will take place on 3/12/19 in the Chuck Van Hecke Center. Please arrive by 8:30AM with a photo ID. A reminder that electronic devices will NOT be permitted in the testing area.
- Seniors: Jostens will be at MHS on Tuesday, March 26th to deliver your graduation items. Please be aware that your order must be paid in full and that Jostens only accepts cash or money orders on the day of delivery. If you would like to pay by credit card, you must call 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367) prior to Tuesday March 26th.
- The Flickinger Center is looking for high school students to assist in a Middle School Pilot project after Spring Break. Students will be mentoring middle school students in reading and math after school. You can set your own days and times. If interested, please contact Mindy Ross at 563-288-9000. Silver Cord hours are available! Orientation is March 9th! Flickinger Center Info
- Yoga This Week in Rm 22-007 Monday, Wed., Friday: Muskie, 5th, 6th
- Soccer Meeting Information/Links: Soccer Meeting Presentation Physical, Concussion, and Parent Consent forms are due by March 11 (Boys) March 18 (Girls) to the AD Office.
- Soccer Work Day is April 28th. If you would like to hire 2 soccer players for 2 hours for $60 to do yard work, etc., please contact Dana Kraft at [email protected]
Players – check your school emails to sign-up to work. This is a required activity!
The Muskie Band Boosters have discounted prices on the remaining Koeze nut inventory for quick reduction of product. Available products are marked with reduced pricing. Please contact Jim Stogdill at 563-299-8082 to get your product before they are gone! Band Booster Koeze Items
- Talent Show — MHS Key Club will be hosting a Talent Show on Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am in the auditorium. Tickets need to be purchased in advance and will be sold outside of Student Services Before and After School (7:45-8:15am & 3:30-4:00pm) March 11th-13th for $5 each. Proceeds from the show will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital & the Muscatine Humane Society. Students who attend the show will be excused from class.
- Parks and Recreation Department Job Fair. We will be holding open interviews on March 23 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Muscatine Municipal Golf Course. Many seasonal positions are available in Parks Maintenance, Golf, Recreation and Aquatics. Parks and Rec Job Fair Info
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected] CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- Seniors who had Economics with Mrs. Tometich or Mrs Spencer. Mrs. Tometich has the forms to fill out for the EverFi Financial Literacy Program. Please stop by room 23-007 to pick up forms and confirm eligibility. This is a $500 scholarship and you will need to fill out an application and submit it to First National Bank by April 13th.
- Juniors/Junior Parents: ICAN Financial Aid Information Meeting will be held on March 13 from 5:30-6:30pm in the MHS Commons.
ICAN Presentation Info (English & Spanish).pdf
- March Mobile Pantry will be March 12 4:30-6:30pm at MHS.
- AFTER-CAPE BREAKFAST
Location: Calvary Church
Time: 3:30AM-Roughly 5AM
What: A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE. There will be no church-related information, the room you will eat in is also a gym, and there are no religious symbols or affiliations at all. Just simply an alternative to driving out of town at 4 in the morning to the Quad Cities for breakfast after an exhausting evening.
- Senior Resources is looking for dependable, hardworking Chore Workers* to remove snow for Seniors in our community. Positions open immediately. $10 per hour!! Workers must be 16 years or older to apply and must be able to pass a background check & have their own equipment. Applications can be picked up at 1808 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine for more information, call: Mayra Garcia (563) 263-7292.
- MHS Swing Dance will be held March 9 at The Merrill Hotel from 6-10pm. Admission is $6 at the door.
- Entry Level Soccer Referee Course Being Offered: To sign up, go to: http://www.iowasoccer.org/events/entry-level_referee_course_-_muscatine/
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Franklin Elementary will be holding a Science night (in the gym) on Tuesday, March 26. It will run from 4-6pm. Ms. Trisha Weeks is currently looking for 15 high school student volunteers to help. Students can come anytime between 3-3:45. If you are interested in volunteering please email her at [email protected]
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.