** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
We are continuing to follow CDC and public health COVID-19 guidelines. Wearing a face covering will now be at the discretion of students and their families.
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 x1133 or [email protected]
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information ** 2020-21 Finals Schedule – 2nd Semester 2020-21 Finals Schedule
- Summer Meal Information: MCSD Summer Meal Information
- The Girls’ Track Banquet will be held this Thursday, May 20th at 6PM in the Commons.
- 12th Annual Giles Joslyn Memorial Stringfest! This Friday, May 21st the MCSD Orchestra Program will be presenting the 12th Annual Giles Joslyn Memorial Stringfest. The event will start at 7pm in the MHS Auditorium with doors opening at 6:30pm. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students. The event will feature performances from students of all ages, performances by community members, and repertoire ranging from classical to movie music to rock. If you can’t attend in person, you can watch our livestream, which will be linked on our Facebook page (Muscatine School Orchestras). Please join us for this wonderful event!
- 2nd Annual MHS Baseball Fundraiser – Mattress Sale at the Van Hecke Center – May 22nd from 10am-5pm. 2nd Annual Muscatine Baseball Fundraiser
- MHS Graduation will take place on May 23rd at 2pm in the MHS Stadium. Parents/Family/Guests should park in the Bonnie Parking Lot as it will be the closest entrance to the stadium. Parents/Family/Guests with tokens will be allowed into the Stadium at 1:00PM. Mask wearing is strongly recommended. You will be able to view the ceremony on Discover Muscatine Facebook Page and YouTube Channel.
- Senior Information/Graduation section added. See below.
- Silver Cord Opportunity: From June 28th-July 15th, MCSD will be offering summer school for grades K-6 at McKinley. From 8am-12pm will be academic classes and from 12-3pm will be enrichment activities similar to College For Kids. You can earn up to 40 hours of Silver Cord hours. You can choose to volunteer the whole summer school, half, and if you want to do mornings or afternoon only. If interested or have questions please contact Mr. Kulland in Student Services.
- Lunch Service on Testing Days (May 25-27)
Tuesday, May 25
We will be serving breakfast
Tailgaters, Lunch Box & Passport – Open
Taste of Italy & Sub Line – Closed
Wednesday, May 26
We will be serving breakfast
Tailgaters & Passport- Open
Taste Italy, Sub Line & Lunch Box – Closed
Thursday, May 27 (2-Hr Early Dismissal)
All lines are Closed
Cereal will be served for breakfast and sack lunches from 10:00 am to 10:30 am.
Both will be served at the Sub line end of the cafeteria.
- 2020-21 Finals Schedule – 2nd Semester
- 9th, 10th & 11th grade finals – May 25th, 26th, & 27th. Click link for details. 2020-21 Finals Schedule
- 9th, 10th & 11th Grade Students: All library books and materials & textbooks are due on Thursday, May 20th, 2021. If you need to keep a book longer for a class assignment, please contact Mrs. Keltner.
- It’s not too late to order your 2020-21 Yearbook. Deadline date is May 24, 2021! $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made online using InTouch, MHS Attendance Center, or by mail.
Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Congratulations to our Senior class! To celebrate, here is a short video from our Student Services department highlighting the future plans of the Class of 2021!
- Academic Awards Recorded Ceremony Links – May 13:
12th Grade Academic Achievement Awards Video Recording
11th Grade Academic Achievement Awards Video Recording
10th Grade Academic Achievement Awards Video Recording
- Lost and Found: Stop at the Attendance Center if you have lost jewelry, wireless headphones, charging cases, water bottles, etc. You will need to provide a description of the item you have lost.
** Senior Information/Graduation **
- Senior Obligations (fees & fines) are posted outside of Student Services by Student ID #. Senior obligations must be paid to pick up cap & gown on May 21st. Fees can be paid over the phone by credit card by calling the District office at 563-263-7223 or can be paid in person at the MHS Attendance Center with cash, check, or credit card prior to May 21st.
- Seniors: Quick Reference Guide – 2021 Graduation/Practice
- May 21: 9:00AM Graduation Walk Through – Park your vehicles in the Cedar Street parking lot and walk to the parking lot by the Greenhouse/Ag/Industrial Tech area. (If the venue changes to the MHS Gym due to weather, please meet in the Gym hallway.)
- May 21: 10:15AM-4:00PM – Cap and gown pick up as well as paying obligations and laptop* turn in. This will be located outside at the new concessions area. Cap and gown payment with CASH only. Other obligations can be paid with cash, check, or credit card.
*(Laptop turn in includes: Your school Chromebook ($200 fee if not returned), Chromebook charger ($25 fee if not returned), the hardshell case (top and bottom) for your Chromebook ($5 fee if not returned))
Each student will be provided with four tokens at cap & gown pick-up to be used by family members to enter the stadium. Tokens are required for entrance. Masks are strongly recommended.
- May 23: Graduation Day! Arrive by 1:15PM and park in the Cedar Street parking lot then check in next to the VanHecke Center. (Inclement weather venue change to MHS Gym, please report to MHS and the hallway station where your name is located.)
- The MHS class of 2021 graduation ceremony is only 4 days away! We are ready to celebrate with two new Snapchat filters! These filters will be available for students and their guests to use on the MHS campus during Sunday’s commencement!
** Athletic/Activities Information **
- Muscatine Summer Youth Volleyball Camp for students entering grades 5th-8th grade – August 12th & 13th from 3:30-5pm at the MHS VanHecke Center. Cost: $40 per camper. Please contact Coach Russell with any questions at [email protected] Registration forms are due July 16th to guarantee a t-shirt. Walk-ins will be accepted however t-shirt is not guaranteed. Muscatine Youth Volleyball Camp Info & Registration Form
- Open mat wrestling workouts available to all MHS students beginning April 1 in the wrestling room from 4-5 pm.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicle Registration Form Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- 2nd Annual MHS Baseball Fundraiser – Mattress Sale at the Van Hecke Center – May 22nd from 10am-5pm. Mattress Sale Information
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
SAVE10 – $10.00 off all products, minimum purchase of $75
SSOFF10 – 10% off all products
** Job Opportunities **
- The Chore Program at Senior Resources of Muscatine is looking for young adults 16 years of age or older to work or volunteer their time as independent chore contractors providing lawn care this summer for seniors living in Muscatine. This can be a paid or a volunteer position. If anyone is interested you can contact John Bryant at 563-263-7292 or e-mail to [email protected]
- Summer Conservation Jobs with Muscatine County Conservation Board. Must be 18 and have a valid driver license. Summer Conservation Worker Info Muscatine Co. Employment Application
** Scholarships **
- Seniors: The 2021-2022 MCC Foundation Scholarship Deadline has been Extended! The new deadline is July 30, 2021. Apply at www.eicc.edu/scholarships Click on “Apply Online for Muscatine Community College”. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted. New applications can be submitted AND draft applications that were not completed by the March 1 deadline, can be finished and submitted.
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
- Ag Coop Safety Directors of Iowa Scholarship in Memory of Mark Hambleton
Award Amount: Up to $1500
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021 Ag Coop Safety Directors of Iowa Scholarship Info & Application
- Seniors: Iowa College Aid is offering a few programs to help fund your college experience.
The links to these programs can be found at:
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2020-21 Yearbook Order Date has been extended to May 24, 2021! $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made online using InTouch via Parent PowerSchool portal, MHS Attendance Center, or by mail. Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Yearbook Pickup Information: If you purchased a MHS yearbook, a drive-thru pick-up will take place in early August on two separate dates in the Industrial Tech/AG/Greenhouse parking lot located across from the VanHecke Center. When you drive up, please have your full first & last name and grade written in large letters on a piece of paper to show to the yearbook staff distributing the yearbooks – this allows for the line to move quickly. Once a printing and shipping date is confirmed by the printing plant, more details with exact dates and times will follow in a District-Wide Communication and this Google Doc will be updated. Yearbook Distribution // Pickup
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.