** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Hours: 7:45AM-3:45PM Monday-Friday 2021-2022 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS has a new phone system and menu when dialing 563-263-6141. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or Press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
MHS Direct Dial Phone Numbers
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- MHS PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES – VIRTUAL:
MONDAY, OCT. 18 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
WED., OCT. 20 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
THURS., OCT. 21 1:45 PM – 3:45 PM
A 15-MINUTE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE CAN BE SCHEDULED ON THE DATES ABOVE BY USING THIS LINK: MHS Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up Site
- FAFSA Completion Event on Oct. 18: Would you like help filing the FAFSA? MHS will be hosting a FAFSA Completion Event on Oct. 18 from 3-7PM in MHS Student Services. To schedule an appt., please call 563-264-8637.
FAFSA Completion Event Info
Families will need to bring:
- 2020 Tax Returns (Parent and Student)
- Parent and Student FAFSA IDs
- 2020 W2s (Parent and Student)
- Driver’s License Numbers
- On hand balances of Savings, Checking, and Investment Accounts
- TODAY DURING LUNCH! The Army will be visiting during lunch time on Thursday, October 14th in the Gym Foyer if you are interested in joining or needing more information.
- TODAY DURING MT! Wrestling Meeting: There will be a meeting for anyone interested in participating in wrestling this year. The meeting will be in the STEM room (15-111) in the Science wing at MHS on Thursday, October 14th during Muskie Time.
If you are planning on participating or interested in gaining more information, please join us for this meeting. Important information will be shared. If you are unable to attend, please let Coach Mauck [email protected] know so that we can get you signed up to participate.
- Scholarships: 2021-22 Scholarship List & Info
- Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord Section below for all opportunities!
- College Opportunities: See College Opportunities section below for all opportunities!
- Girls’ & Boys’ Indoor Soccer TBK Season 1: 2021-2022: If you played soccer last season and are planning to play soccer this year, you can sign up for this opportunity to compete in indoor pre-season playing. Please complete the google form if interested and committed to participating. Indoor TBK Soccer
- Muscatine FFA Fruit Sales Orders: Orders Due: Nov. 11th, Fruit Arrives: Week of Dec. 6th
Pick up at MHS Agriculture Edu. Shop. Times/Dates on Order Form Muscatine FFA Fruit Order Form
- Anime Club will meet on Friday, Oct. 15 during Muskie Time in Mr. Hayes room #12-034.
- Pride Club Meeting: Come to the Pride Club Meeting this Friday, October 15, during Muskie Time! We will meet our new club officers, discuss new business, and plan an after school get together for October. The Pride Club meets in room 22-013, Ms. Cromer’s room. See you there!
- Turning Point USA Club Meeting: “Do you love America, free markets and free speech? Are you interested in attending conferences across the country with like minded peers? Are you interested in being a part of a nation wide movement to enact change across the country? Joining Turning Point USA this Friday, October 15th durning Muskie Time in the Wood Tech room 13-008c! We will have food, buttons, stickers and posters for all! Can’t make it this Friday? We have meetings every Friday during Muskie Time! Sign up via Adaptive Scheduler. For questions or to be requested please email [email protected].
- FFA Weekly: FFA Weekly
- FFA Store is Open until Oct. 24th! FFA Store
- Muskie Marching Band State Competition will be held on Oct. 16 at Brady Street Stadium. State Marching Band Marching Competition Schedule
- Muskie Minutes: Muskie Minutes – Week 4
- Lost & Found: Lost an item? Water Bottle, jewelry, earbuds, phone? Check at the Attendance Center and see if it was turned in!
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
- FREE school supplies are available across from the Attendance Center. Courtesy of the Muskie Locker.
- Meal Viewer Link Students & Parents can look at the menus online for MHS. There is nutrient information as well as allergen information. There is also an app available for cell phones.
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Doors open at 7:45am. Enter through the Commons, “Big M” Cedar St. doors, or the Swim entrance.
- Commons, Cafeteria, Library & 1st floor Settee Area by “Big M’ are allowed areas prior to school starting at 8:20am
- Entering the Building: The Commons, “Big M”(across from Cedar St. parking lot), Swim entrance doors are open from 7:45am-8:20am.
- Students entering the building AFTER 8:20AM need to enter through the MAIN office doors.
** College Visits **
- The Army will be visiting during lunch time on Thursday, October 14th in the Gym Foyer if you are interested in joining or needing more information.
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Adult Athletic Punch Pass/Cards are $40 (10 punches) and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- School Locker Request (not PE): Student Locker Request Form
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Manta Rays Ice Cream Social Season Kick-Off Event:
Date: Sunday, November 7th
Time: 1-3 pm
Location: Muscatine Community YMCA
Description: Volunteers will be needed to assist with event set up, serving ice cream/toppings (will help with table clean-up, keeping sundae bar fully stocked & clean), and event clean-up.
Sign-up Genius Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094FA8AD22A2FA7-icecream1
Volunteer sign up deadline: Monday, November 1st
Contact for questions or details: Jocelyn [email protected]
- Manta Rays Euchre Tournament Fundraiser
Date: Saturday, October 23rd
Time: varies by job
Location: Riverview Center, Muscatine, IA
Description: Students under 18 can volunteer to assist with event set up & food service/kitchen help. Those under 18 must be out of the facility no later than 7 pm due to over 21 event. Students 18 & over can assist with raffle ticket sales, score card collection & event set up.
Sign Up Genius Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094FA8AD22A2FA7-euchre
Volunteer Sign-up Deadline: Monday, October 18th
Contact for questions or details: Jocelyn [email protected]
- The Salvation Army at 1000 Oregon St are looking for assistance with elementary grade levels. We currently have 29 children registered. We are looking for volunteers to assist in reading help, math help, spelling quizzes, homework help and interacting with the children. Our children range from Kindergarten to 6th grade. The 6th graders with no homework are in a leadership program. So even assisting them in what leadership looks like is wonderful. Help is needed Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm. We follow the school calendar. If there is an Early Out, then we have the children from 1pm-6pm. If interested in volunteering any or all of the hours or have any questions, please contact Mary Darnell at (563)263-8272 or [email protected]
- The Food and Nutrition Dept. has an opportunity at Jefferson & McKinley Elementary at breakfast time (7:45-8 am). MHS Students would assist younger students who need help finding their breakfast cards & getting their breakfasts to the tables in the commons area to eat. If you are interested in helping out in the morning, please email [email protected] Must have own transportation.
- Stinky’s House of Horrors is a local haunted house that raises non-perishable food donations for the Salvation Army each year. He needs assistance with yard work which includes raking leaves, picking up sticks and any other yard work duties that may be needed the week of October 25 thru October 29. For more information, you may contact Troy “Stinky” Philpott at [email protected]
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- Senior Portrait & Baby Ads for Grads Submission 2021-22: Sr. Portrait & Baby Ad Info
- Senior Portrait: Due Friday, December 3rd, 2021
(No cost → one submission per senior)
- Baby Ads for Grads (childhood picture information) – Due Friday, December 3rd, 2021
$35 per ad → can have multiple submissions per senior
- Senior Portrait: Due Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- Pre-Order YOUR 2021-22 Yearbook – $56! (The Auroran 2021-2022): 2021-22 Yearbook Info
- Yearbooks: If you would like to purchase an MHS 2020-21 yearbook, cost is $56.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.