** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- All students who were in choir at MHS last year need to make sure to turn in any music they may have held onto during quarantine. Please bring it to either Mr. Ryan (13-031) or Mrs. Burford (13-027) as soon as possible so we can get everything catalogued and filed. Thank you!
- Homecoming Pep Assembly on Friday, Sept. 18th. Staff will accompany their classes to the MHS Stadium at 2:55pm for the Pep Assembly. All students regardless of grade or what type of delivery method/schedule or grade can attend the Pep Assembly.
- Early Releases for Friday, Sept. 18th. Due to the Pep Assembly being held at the MHS Stadium from 2:55pm-3:30pm, any phone calls for early releases for this timeframe need to be placed by 10AM so that students receive their early release slips and can sign out.
- Friday, September 18th: Sophomore Football Game @ 5pm vs Dav. West, Varsity Football Game @ 7:15pm. Game Day Ticket Required –
see Spectator Guideline for MHS Home Events.
- Order your 2020-21 Yearbook! Final Date to Order: Friday, February 25th, 2021, $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made online using InTouch, MHS Attendance Center, or by mail.
Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Seniors: Temp Associates is currently looking to place students into the Work Based Learning Program, particularly in the area of engineering. If you have free time in your daily schedule and would like more information, please contact Mrs. Hawkins or Mr. Kitzmann. Work Based Learning Program Application
- LifeTouch Picture Day will be on September 28 & 29 in the MHS Main Gym. Regardless if pictures are purchased, students should get their picture taken for their Student ID & Yearbook.
Virtual Learners (full time only) can get their picture taken on either day from 7:00AM-9:30AM. Please use the Swim Entrance to enter the building.
Cohort A students will get their picture taken on September 28 after 9:45AM released via intercom.
Cohort B students will get their picture taken on September 29 after 9:45AM released via intercom.
Lifetouch COVID Photography Protocol
LifeTouch Order forms can be picked up at the Attendance Center, Lifetouch Order Form, or you can order now on mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: EVTNSHPGQ
- Muskie Football t-shirts and hoodies for sale in the Student Services Office. T-shirts are $10 for S-XL $12 for XXL and XXXL. Hoodies are $25 for S-XL and $27 for XXL and XXXL.
- Senior Pictures for the Yearbook & Baby Ads for Grads – see Yearbook Information section below.
- Scholarships: Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
- Seniors: Iowa College Aid is offering a few programs to help fund your college experience.
The links to these programs can be found at:
- Juniors & Sophomores: The PSAT will be given at 8am on Wednesday, October 14th at the MCSD Administration Office. Juniors interested in participating in the National Merit Scholarship Program must take the PSAT in order to be eligible. The cost of the exam is $17 made payable to Muscatine High School at the MHS Attendance Center. After you have registered, Student Services will notify you of a time to come and pick up your PSAT study guide There are forty (40) tests available to juniors and ten (10) available for sophomores who wish to take it as practice. The test spots will be reserved on a first-come, first-served (with payment) basis. Please contact Mr. Mauck in Student Services with any questions.
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- ACT Academy Test Prep: All students have free access to the ACT Academy test prep online. The link below includes the instructions for log in whether you have or have not logged in in the past. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins with any questions. ACT Academy Test Prep
- Muskie FFA Weekly Update: FFA Weekly Update.pdf
- Muskie FFA Sweet Corn For Sale: See flyer for details! Muskie FFA Sweet Corn Flyer
- Student IDs: If you have not received your student ID by Thursday, September 10th, please see Mrs. Meeker or Mrs. Meineke in Student Services. If you purchased an activity pass and do not have your id stamped with an “M” please bring a copy of your receipt along with your id to student services.
- On Wednesday, September 23rd, the Iowa College Access Network will be hosting a virtual financial aid informational meeting for MHS seniors and parents starting at 7:00 pm.
Families should use the link provided to join the meeting.
Muscatine High School: Financial Aid Meeting Link
Please contact Mrs. Hawkins at [email protected] with any questions.
- MHS Attendance can be contacted at 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours.
- Student Fees: Student Fee Structure FY 20-21 Fees can be paid online via PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting, by mailing a check to MHS, or by paying in-person at the MHS Attendance Center from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Yearbook Information **
- 2020-21 Yearbooks Orders: Final Date to Order: Friday, February 25th, 2021, $56 per yearbook. Payment can be made at the MHS Attendance Center, online using InTouch, or by mail. Complete details: 2020-21 Yearbook Order Details
- Senior Pictures for the Yearbook – Due Friday, November 13th, 2020
Senior pictures will only be accepted by submitting them to the Josten’s website.
If your photographer wants to submit your picture for you, it is up to you to talk to the photographer and tell them the process. Photos received after this date cannot be guaranteed a place in the Yearbook. If a senior picture is not provided, the school picture will be used.
To submit your picture, follow these steps:
Go to www.images.jostens.com
The user id is: 415484025
Choose the file you want to upload, it needs to be a jif or jpeg format.
You then need to enter your email, your full first name and last name then save.
Complete details: Senior Yearbook Picture Information
- Baby Ads for Grads (childhood picture information) – Due Friday, October 30th, 2020.
Honor your senior with a Baby Ad for Grad (an Auroran tradition!). Each ad is $35.
You are not limited to one ad. NO Baby Ads will be accepted after the date above.
Complete details on page 2: Baby Ads for Grads Information
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 yearbook, you can pick it up at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships.
** Forms **
- Online Transcript Request Form: Muscatine High School Transcript Request Form
- Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify.Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!
to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available!
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.